Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting Paintball

arrow234

Oct 6, 2014
Hello,

I recently did paintball a good few times and really enjoyed it so considering getting my own equipment (I went to NPF Bassets Pole) and i was wondering if you guys could help me with sources I.e websites to buy from. Also what the best possible set up i could get for £2,000.

Thank You for Reading

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Go back to npf and look in their shop
Ask them about diamondwars which is their monthly walkon

Get a feel of some gear in the shop and chat to some of the walkon players at diamond wars

Take your time and get a feel of what gear is around

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Dont blow your money on the first thing you see. Actually try to go out and shoot a few guns. If you get chatting to some players about their kit, most people and shops will let you have a shot over the range if you are polite and ask nicely :) There is so much kit to choose, but I would try out as much as possible.

Reactions: H

arrow234

Oct 6, 2014
Dont blow your money on the first thing you see. Actually try to go out and shoot a few guns. If you get chatting to some players about their kit, most people and shops will let you have a shot over the range if you are polite and ask nicely :) There is so much kit to choose, but I would try out as much as possible.
Well when i was there i did have a hold of some of the other guns. But i found myself not liking the hopper being so exposed as if your shot on the gun inc the hopper your out. So i've been looking for what the paintball world has to offer

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Well when i was there i did have a hold of some of the other guns. But i found myself not liking the hopper being so exposed as if your shot on the gun inc the hopper your out. So i've been looking for what the paintball world has to offer
You're going to have to learn the moves - get yourself tight so the hopper is irrelevant (align your body, head, gun etc)

But if you also look around you can find a compact setup of gun and hopper reducing the profile

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There are other setups such as magfed with no hopper - but less paint per reload, or unusual setups such as QLoader (not recommended for the majority of people) and the warp feed which lets you reposition your hopper anywhere (but if you find one people like me will hate you)

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
£2000 is a heck of a lot of money to spend on a first setup and I wouldn't recommend blowing is all on a large number of expensive toys. You can, but these days you can get incredible kit for great prices.

Priority one is a good, high quality goggle system that fits you well. This is one of the only pieces of equipment I'd strongly recommend you get brand new and not go cheap. A new set of good goggles will cost anywhere from 60 to 100 pounds (ish). Of course you could pick a pair that just looks cool but more important is making sure that whatever goggle fits your head/face well and feel comfortable in them. The only way to find this out is trying them all (or as many as possible) out and picking your favourite. NPF should have some variety in but I wouldn't limit myself to what they have in stock, don't be afraid to ask other players or marshals if they'll quickly let you try theirs on for fit.

sl2ai

Team Marvel
Jul 2, 2010
Leicester
Come down to Dimondwars, possibly buy a mask form NPF (once you have tried some on and decided which you like/ suits you(there are otheres availible if you cant find one you like))

Ill be down there your welocome to come and find me/ us (book in for USDE and ask for Lewis)

We have plenty of markers/hoppers you can try see what you like.

Alot of kit is about persomal preference, its a good idea to try as many things as you can to see what suits you and what you like.

Reactions: Brownie and Bolter