Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

State of UK paintball

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
Without sounding like Jimmy Savile, "kids" are another area we're looking to help develop next season........again, don't want to give anything away but we have some cool, FUN ideas for this all of which will be revealed in due course.

We will also be supporting the student cup again next season and are currently looking at ways to help grow this further.

Great work, good for the community!

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
The Student Cup idea was brilliant, though I couldn't get a team together for the life of me. The thing I'd suggest for it would be to act like a rental event, 1 brand of gun, 1 brand of hopper, 1 brand of goggles, Red Jerseys (or those Dye style training vests) for one team Blue for the other. (These done cheap enough that the people buy them for a keep sake). Then have say goggles to rent for the participants who haven't got any. Keeps the event simple and the level of equipment the same (Bar your own clothing). The only other thing would be Pod Packs but again can be one system for all.

I'd have played but the main wall was the amount of kids with no kit that were willing.

I also loved the England vs Ireland (or Scotland or Where ever) Idea where you had a miniature Six Nations of Uni's play. But that never happened either.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
The Student Cup idea was brilliant, though I couldn't get a team together for the life of me. The thing I'd suggest for it would be to act like a rental event, 1 brand of gun, 1 brand of hopper, 1 brand of goggles, Red Jerseys (or those Dye style training vests) for one team Blue for the other. (These done cheap enough that the people buy them for a keep sake). Then have say goggles to rent for the participants who haven't got any. Keeps the event simple and the level of equipment the same (Bar your own clothing). The only other thing would be Pod Packs but again can be one system for all.
No other sport does this? Why would you suggest paintball should? All other Uni / College teams wear the institutions colours, choose there own boots, stick, rackets, helmets and whatever else they need. I can see what you would be aiming towards, but the rof cap is there to level the playing field already.

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
No other sport does this? Why would you suggest paintball should? All other Uni / College teams wear the institutions colours, choose there own boots, stick, rackets, helmets and whatever else they need. I can see what you would be aiming towards, but the rof cap is there to level the playing field already.
I hear you there however there isn't many uni sports that require kit that costs over the £200 start up fee. Plus many uni players are yes sponsored by other teams however balancing uni,work,life and also justifying a £40+ custom jersey to a uni budget manager is a tall task for something we all use.

5amwise

Wingnut
Sep 6, 2011
S****horpe
people expect far too much for too little. moaning about the price of paintball clothing and markers etc. its as expensive or as cheap as YOU make it. "is a Jersey worth £60+" to which the answer is probably no, but people are willing to pay it so it is. you dont have to pay this price, you can pick them up for £30, its just fasion. do you have to pay £150 for an air system, no you dont, grab yourself a steelie for as little as £20. do you have to pay £160 for a rotor, nope, get yourself a second hand VLocity or something for £25. you can pick up 2000 paintballs for £25, thats not expensive. some sites charge as little as £10 green fee. If you want to be the most fashionable baller out there then yes it will be a very expensive sport, and if that's what you want don't moan about the price. Also people moan a hell of a lot about the lack of sponsorship, why should other companies pay for you to play paintball? sponsorship is a two way thing, teams need to prove themselves and represent their sponsors by doing well at events, not just asking for cheap gear for nothing in return. put the effort in and earn it.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
I hear you there however there isn't many uni sports that require kit that costs over the £200 start up fee. Plus many uni players are yes sponsored by other teams however balancing uni,work,life and also justifying a £40+ custom jersey to a uni budget manager is a tall task for something we all use.
Just to take a few examples from our University. We have plenty of activities that can cost just as much like American Football, Golf, Skydiving, Snow sports,Climbing, Sailing, Surfing, Windsurfing and plenty more that you could spend more on if you wanted. As much as we would all love to play every weekend for free, why should we. The industry needs to make money, and it's not going going to do that by supplying every team in the country with sponsorship. We have members who have managed to get fully kitted up for around £300..

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
The industry needs to make money, and it's not going going to do that by supplying every team in the country with sponsorship. We have members who have managed to get fully kitted up for around £300..
i think people seem to completely overlook this. Too much focus on 'i need to be shooting geo3s/luxes/dm12s to go and play' when in actual fact, buying yourself a bog standard mask, steelie, old halo and some crappy old PM7 will get you out on the field. as much as it is nice to be shooting the high end guns, imagine how much better off the industry (and consumer prices) would be if everybody just got out there and played every other weekend with whatever equipment they've got, rather than having to play once every 2 months or something because they want the best kit for the cheapest price.
I'm a bit of a hypocrite because i'm sitting here with my geo/rotor/z2/GA tank etc etc (which i worked dam hard to get) but at the same time if i had nothing and wanted to play paintball i'd much sooner get the cheaper setup and spend the rest on paint so i can go play rather than saving up for months and months to just have an expensive set of ornaments.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
i think people seem to completely overlook this. Too much focus on 'i need to be shooting geo3s/luxes/dm12s to go and play' when in actual fact, buying yourself a bog standard mask, steelie, old halo and some crappy old PM7 will get you out on the field. as much as it is nice to be shooting the high end guns, imagine how much better off the industry (and consumer prices) would be if everybody just got out there and played every other weekend with whatever equipment they've got, rather than having to play once every 2 months or something because they want the best kit for the cheapest price.
I'm a bit of a hypocrite because i'm sitting here with my geo/rotor/z2/GA tank etc etc (which i worked dam hard to get) but at the same time if i had nothing and wanted to play paintball i'd much sooner get the cheaper setup and spend the rest on paint so i can go play rather than saving up for months and months to just have an expensive set of ornaments.
Makes sense, but it's easy to say when you can afford to have a couple of guys in a van drive onto the field behind your bunker to make sure you always have your **** ready & waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: niallist