Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sup air field bunkers and fields have they become too small

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
as the title says have they become too small,now when this question was asked by the PSP alot of young kids turned round and said you have too become more athletic.
so my son in law at 6ft 8 would be knackered on todays fields and he is athletic,i have friends that play rugby and train twice a week and are fit but couldn`t play as bunkers too small.
so is tournie ball only providing a game for people of a certain size and age,do we need to bring back larger bunkers

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
Didn't the PSP make the field bigger this year for the " 'Athleticly' Challenged"?
stewart some people are very athletic but built like a brick s**t house ,why should somebody like that be disadvantaged when playing sup-air.
i`ll give you an example would the likes of Robbo,be disadvantaged by the size of some of the bunkers we play behind today

jack-amo

Oct 9, 2010
Sandbach
I don't think so.

Granted, 6ft8 is pretty damn tall and it cant be easy :p But I'm not sure we should change the bunkers to solely to accommodate the tall guys. There are plenty of very tall, yet very good players.
As for rugby guys being very fit but not being able to play because the bunkers are too small, I don't buy it. I very much doubt your rugby pals, as big as they may be, are so broad that they literally cannot fit behind a bunker and play tight!

Some bunkers such as the snake beams and elbows are incredibly small and may not be suited to every player, but you don't have to be a midget to play them either. Making the snakes giant would cause somewhat of an unbalance on the field, even if all the other bunkers were enlarged too. We could of course enlarge them back to their original size from a couple of years back but I really don't see the point other than "its easier".

I think we should keep bunkers more or less as they are :) No doubt we will see many changes over the years though!

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
jack ,so about 95% of players don`t play sup-air because of the fields we use today,maybe we should take a step back and see what made sup-air popular
this is how it all started
yes it`s great too see the big boys play but where is sup-airs future

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
also jack you answered the question yourself ,it`s easier.
for the new players ,for the occasional player,for the lower divisional player etc etc ,but most of all these are the guys paying for the events not the big boys

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
so is tournie ball only providing a game for people of a certain size and age,do we need to bring back larger bunkers
Yes, it is providing a game for a certain group, at it's highest level. This is the same in any sport, how many 80 year olds do you see playing professional sports?

Sorry, but no other sport makes accommodations for any specific body type so why should sup'air? Theres enough depth in paintball in general to accommodate everyone, if you can't play sup'air to a high standard you can play lower divisions, if you're too fat to fit behind a temple you can play in the woods (not saying that woodsball is for fat people only) I don't buy it that your rugby mates categorically can't play supair. I'm a bigger guy, but when the situation calls for it you can always find ways to play tight.

Sup'air is competitive, that's it's nature. To be competitive you have to adapt to the game. Not adapt the game to you.