Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SUPERMAN....slide

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
okay,starting to play tournies now.need some advice on diving in general aswell as the superman dive:D

just woundering i can slide but just not superman dive,so how do you guys get over the mental block?
and anyone got any tips how to prevent injury while sliding?
warms up obviously but any piece of kit that will help,techniques etc.

YOU ALL GET THE IDEA!!!!
cheers

May 14, 2003
lincoln
practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice and so on and so forth

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
practice yes,but practicing to superman dive is differnt to actually doing it cuz youve got all the adrenaline pumping.

void, do you have ways to prevent injury? what are the main parts of the body that take the impact??

cheers

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
OK.

So you are running. You should be running leaning forward somewhat, if a dive is in your future. Your hand, if you reach for the ground, should be about as low as your knee, maybe lower if you reached straight down, but don't reach straight down, leave it a bit in front of you. The way I like to land is to sort of push forward with one foot, as if continuing to run, but instead of putting the other foot forward, try to just keep both legs sort of together. That will make your upper body get closer to the ground very fast. My empty hand hits the ground first, then my gun arm hits next, while sort of curling my wrist so that the barrel is pointed up (cuz dirt in barrels is no good). So my empty hand and my gun forearm are on the ground, like sled runners of justice. Then I basically roll my body onto the ground, belly to hips to thighs.

As for getting over the mental block, go buy a Slip 'n' Slide and practice diving onto it. It says weight limit 60 lbs on the box, but screw that, this is a training device, and it must be destroyed. In fact, once you have destroyed it, you will find your self diving on grass (unless you set it up on a gravel lot like I did). This might make your ribs/ abs sore. I have no pity for your eensy little tum-tum, though. You will eventually get stronger (and more scraped up).

The key is to have more forward momentum, and no upward momentum. If you bounce up when you push into your slide, you will stop short and you will hurt. Then you will get shot. Then everyone will talk about what a terrible slide that was. Horizontal, not vertical, this is your mantra.

Ion

Killing for NTT
Nov 22, 2003
London
www.andymarch.co.uk
Pads for your elbows or knees (or you end up with a strange knee like mine) will help your confidence as you won't be so worried about hurting yourself. As far as technique goes gyroscope has got it down.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Let your scabs be your pads, young man. And if the ground is mean to you, yell at it until it gets with the program!

I wear elbow pads, but no knee pads or cup. Actually, I wear shin pads on my arms, cause I like looking like Popeye (and bouncing like a Superball- you getting my enthusiasm for toys by Whammo yet?) I don't get shot in the man-parts because my pants hang a little too low. Therefore, I do not wear any sweaty, binding, the pad is too high anyway (and we don't make the cup in a size big enough) sliding shorts. But to each their own.

ToxicPaintballz

The Real NK #41
Apr 5, 2004
Visit site
I dunno bout you guys, but Ive never actually thought about a slide, Its hard for me to do them on command, but in a game when that adrenaline is pumping I usually just end up doing one, even in sandy conditions when ive clearly thought about keeping my gat clean.

protoripper

Aug 24, 2005
Bellevue Ne
Visit site
slides

I have coached baseball for about 12 years now and one thing i notice when teaching kids how to head first slide is that most of the time it looks like a belly flop. here is what i like to tell my players when i teach sliding.

1. you should know how you are going to finish your run before you take off.
2. if you are going into a snake, you know that you are going to go in head first, so set your run up so you will be successfull in your attempt.
3. start off low. your run should be a controlled fall so-to-speak.
4. when starting your slide. turn your gun hand palm up and curl it back a bit angleing your barrel up and your free hand will be palm down with your fingers slightly curled to eliminate jams.
5. where your head goes your body follows, so lower your head and keep running. you will basicly run into the ground with your momentum propelling you forward into the slide.
6. your entire body should hit the ground at nearly the same time to spread the impact with the ground over a larger area.

Note: I never recomend doing a head first slide into any bunker other than the snake or a roller where you are sliding then crawling up to it. it is a risky slide since you are not in position to shart shooting untill you have popped up. any one anticipating this move can pop out and take you out with out any return fire.

the best slide is a pop slide. where one leg is curled under your lead leg and you use your momentum and heal of your lead leg to pop you up into a good position to start spraying paint.

have fun and keep ballin.