Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Surviving with a mech marker

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Hi guys,

As my other thread states, I will be going to a training day soon after recently getting much more into paintballing from spectating at HG and working as a marshall at Ambush.

I bought in a package deal a mechanical marker (Vexor, see pic below) and am really wondering how well that will stand against an arsenal of PM/DM/Ion's on a Sup'Air field. Although I can pull the trigger at a fast rate, being a mech trigger it takes much more to cycle it than the electrical triggers.

Vexor

I see these top-of-the-range guns firing a crazy amount of balls per second, but surely if you're reasonably good at accuracy then it isn't too much of a disadvantage...right? :p

Been kinda considering buying an Ion when I have some more money and have recently bought an Egg hopper, 3000psi tank etc.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

-Will

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
It's always the man more than the marker, but to his credit Mark shoots an electro now, and has not looked back since.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Ahh of course an electro is better and when I save up I'll probably grab myself an Ion - Just wondering if a mech marker is sufficient for a training day.

Cheers,

-Will

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
You will be out-gunned, and it's not just the speed it's how easy is it to fire a good electro.
You have to make a real effort to both fire and control a mech gun at even a slow rate of fire, but an electro will blast away at quite reasonable rates of fire and allow you to concentrate on your play.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
But don't let that stop you going to the training session, as it will be more about your ability than the marker.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Okay, thanks for the help. Will probably stick with the vexor for a bit and see how it goes on the training day - Might be able to borrow somebodys electric marker to persuade me to get an Ion ;)

-Will

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
lemonadeX said:
Ahh of course an electro is better and when I save up I'll probably grab myself an Ion - Just wondering if a mech marker is sufficient for a training day.

Cheers,

-Will
might be just as well to look for a used electro on the classifieds, for the same money you'd pay for as stock ion new you could get an upp'd one or better (old angel, impy etc) on the forums. If you're will to spend a bit more £200+ you coulfd be looking at some very nice kit. I got two old Matrixes (DM3 and LCD) for £200, both with plenty of upgrades.

I've still got my old mech automag and use that on the odd customer days I play.

(well, using a DM3 with ramping wouldn't be fair would it???)