Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Switching Hands.

Jlowe

Here let me wipe my balls off your face.
Jul 10, 2011
Staffordshire
I've been practicing shooting left and right handed and i'm pretty consistent (that may be consistently slow) when walking the trigger but i want to know, is there any specific technique to the actual motion of changing hands without fumbling the gun,minimum movement etc. at the moment (going from left to right) i am moving the tank into my other shoulder first then moving my foregrip hand back to the trigger and swapping over.

So in short. Is there an order to it or should it be simultaneous?

Reactions: Mason Dann

Derpy

Long Member
May 16, 2012
Essex
From what I know, it should flow and feel natural so just practice and see what works best.

:D

Ricki_diego

Ricki diego - Evil Twin
Jul 29, 2012
Bristol
what feels most comfortable for you really. If the tank is a good size for your body, and your marker is pretty light.

I tend to switch both my hands at the same time, so in effect, for a few mili seconds my hands are not actualy on the marker. I'm able to do this because the tank is tucked into my shoulder pretty tightly as I change. So I suppose I change hands then move the tank over to the other shoulder, but at the same time I try to keep it fluid.

Works for me when I'm running to bunker, havn't dropped it yet! *touch wood* lol.

CARLOS14/05

May 29, 2012
Liverpool
I've been practicing shooting left and right handed and i'm pretty consistent (that may be consistently slow) when walking the trigger but i want to know, is there any specific technique to the actual motion of changing hands without fumbling the gun,minimum movement etc. at the moment (going from left to right) i am moving the tank into my other shoulder first then moving my foregrip hand back to the trigger and swapping over.

So in short. Is there an order to it or should it be simultaneous?
Yeaa pretty much what feels comfortable with you i like to which trigger fingers , then grip hand then slide tank as that give me the resaurance if some one comes round to mug me i still have my fingers on the trigger :) But this is my personal prefrence ! I hope this helps
mate :D

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
You just need to experiment. Try doing it a few different ways, find one that is consistent, quick and easy, and make sure you can do it flawlessly while stationary, then make sure you can do it while sprinting.

I always had really bad technique, I almost threw the gun from one hand to the other, kind of popped it up in the air a tiny bit, swapped hand positions and then grabbed it, but taking both hands off your marker simultaneously is more than a little bit stupid!

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Its not really just a matter of "what feels comfortable". There are a few ways to do this, but you know its probably best to be shown by a Pro.

And as always, practice practise practise. You can practice this one in your house, no need for any paint.

Reactions: Jlowe

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I find that if I sit on my hand for a period of time first, it actually feels like a hot chick could be holding the gun and squeezing the trigger when I switch from LH to RH.

Reactions: Jlowe

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
As long as it's quick and comfortable, it's right - just remember to practise it in different contexts - eg when running and gunning or in a dorito, you can usually keep the marker horizontal - but playing tight behind a stand up may involve droppping it or raising it to vertical to keep close in.

Sara

Paintball
Aug 14, 2012
UK
www.gobananas.com
Like any sport practice makes perfect, here also practice by taking your gun and an empty air can and practice switching the gun from right snapshooting position to left. Also get good at feathering the trigger.