Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Taking a newbie along on a walk on... any advice?

Richard Howe

Balls... I like balls!
Nov 23, 2012
Hi everybody,

I'm bringing one of my friends along to a walk on in early December, I'm supplying all his kit from my spares.
I'm going to run through basic safety stuff and how to use the equipment with him but I was wondering if anyone had any other useful advice I should impart to my friend.

I'm hoping to get him hooked as I've had nobody to go with so I've been out of the sport for a little while.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Expect random 'accident' shots to the back of your legs and forgetting barrel socks lol. Happens everytime for me. If he has played rental before and loves it tell him to chill and stick with you and do what you do because over excitement at first walkons leads to alot of pain haha. Just enjoy the experience and he will find his feet in no time probably.

That's what id say from Experiance anyway

Richard Howe

Balls... I like balls!
Nov 23, 2012
Thanks very much, as far as I'm aware, he's done a rental day before but that was a long time ago.

I'm sure he'll take great satisfaction in having a few shots at me by "accident" but that'll be all part of the fun.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Lol in that case it'll probably be the old run and crouch accidentally catching the trigger.

What site you guys goin to?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Make sure he...

1. Has decent footware and protective padding

2. A good goggle lens that doesn't fog

3. Remembers to make his marker safe after leaving the field

4. Keeps properly hydrated

Richard Howe

Balls... I like balls!
Nov 23, 2012
I'm a Somerset lad, there isn't a lot around by me to choose from, I need to give them a ring to make sure they are running it still, but there's a Skirmish site near Bere Regis.