Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Taking Stock

Elm0

Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
stockclasspaintball.com
Hey everyone. Im new to the forums so I'd like to introduce myself a bit. Im 15 and from Sunny So Cal (well its overcast most the time.) I play over at Tombstone for some fun Rec ball but mostly at SC Village in the Arena coruses which is why I have come to you. I was wondering if anyone can give me any tips about playing stock against these souped up, 20+ BPS markers. All the times that I've gone to SC with my VSC Phantom I've been constantly ragged on for being the only player on the Arena with a pump gun, if not the entire park. I've even gotten bonus balled exclusivly from Timmys and Angels because I was a stock player. Anyone have any Ideas on how to improve my playing? I mostly play front when I play within my friends for 5v5 man fun, but against other teams I somehow just cant make it up to the 40 most the time. Thanks guys.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
ElmO
you need a faster gun.
You can sometimes play in the woods with a stock gun, but in an arena you need some extra fire power.

it dosn't have to cost a fortune, you can get an electro spyder and right then and there you have enough fire power to keep the angels and timmays at arms length.

Elm0

Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
stockclasspaintball.com
No thanks. Ill stick with stock markers till the day I die. I stated that I tried angels n timmys n cockers and the like. I just dont like the feel. Its not that I dont have money to go play Electro, and my frist gun was a Spyder. Thanks for tryin to help

ally

No Limit Bridgend
Jan 2, 2002
Cardiff/ Epsom
www.gbjab.com
unfortunately your always going to be handcapped using a pump, due to lack of fire power, shots per second. Really if you want to do tornies you need a semi. But if u wana play stock then play loads and learn the advantages of the gun and play to these.

ally

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
stick with it kid!
i LOVE playing with a pump gun now and then, nothing more satisfying than mugging some fool, the look on their face is a picture when they realise what you did it with!

Elm0

Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
stockclasspaintball.com
Thanks for the support Jahlad! And Its not even that I wanna play Tournies, its that its what my friends play and they like it. SO its 9 people who like playing Airball, and 1 (me) that likes RecBall/Non-Speedball. We came somewhat to an agreement tho today. On Saturdays we will play AirBall or HyperBall or whatever, so that they have all thier energy cuz they play 15+ games a day sometimes. And then we'd go play Walk-On-Advance on Sundays so everyone can play it easy with thier leftover paint and stuff. Cant try this weekend tho, Grounded. Lol See ya guys

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
shame you are not in the UK, bonich has done wonders for some pump guns - i saw one of his a few months ago at powerball and the trigger pull was tiny and the recocking pull was just a millimeter or two.

see if there is some one who will make your pump as fast it it can go by retuning it. it will help your rate of fire (bonich's was doing as well as a sov2 with racegrip)

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Originally posted by Elm0
I've even gotten bonus balled exclusivly from Timmys and Angels because I was a stock player
:eek:

Does anybody else think that this is a bit unnecessary!?

Bonus-balling is unacceptable at the best of times, but especially so when they do it just for the hell of "ragging" on a player with less firepower - what the hell does that prove?!

I'd leave those losers to it if I were you... :mad: