Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tank testing place??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
i will write down what it says, but the only thing what relates to what some have been saying is

'2004/06' would that be the born date? or something else?
please reply ASAP!!!!

Now, it's time for you to chill out. These guys are trying to help you, and they're asking you for info to identify both the type of bottle and the details on it.

Take a pic of the details on the bottle, as there are several types of bottles, and that makes a difference to the answers we can give you.

I appreciate you don't know about these things, so listen to the people that do.

Tomm97531

Jul 16, 2009
Now, it's time for you to chill out. These guys are trying to help you, and they're asking you for info to identify both the type of bottle and the details on it.

Take a pic of the details on the bottle, as there are several types of bottles, and that makes a difference to the answers we can give you.

I appreciate you don't know about these things, so listen to the people that do.
yes, sorry

Tomm97531

Jul 16, 2009
right, i am going to take a picture for you, but firstly, it says

2004/06 on the bottle, does this mean the birth date of the bottle?

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
if the numbers and info are stamped into the bottle it sounds like you have a steely bottle which is where the confusion has occurred.

with steel bottles because of their value £40 ish second hand and in date then you may aswell buy another tank than pay for a retest and shipping of the bottle.

retesting can cost upwards of £25 and shipping a bottle to and from the tester will be around £20 or more it is not really viable to retest the bottle.

if it is a carbon wrap bottle then you can get them retested for alot less than buying a bottle which is why people are trying to find out what bottle you have.

and yes the 2004/06 is june 2004 the born date of the bottle so a test was due last month.

Tomm97531

Jul 16, 2009
coz it was due to test last month, would it matter if i used it once then sent 4 testing?
coz i am going paintballing in 4 days!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
coz it was due to test last month, would it matter if i used it once then sent 4 testing?
coz i am going paintballing in 4 days!
A born date of 2004/06 does mean it has expired unless there are any additional test labels on the bottle.

It does matter in that the bottle is out of test and is illegal to be filled. Any site should refuse to fill, and if self fill is available the site should inspect your bottle before letting you fill. Either case results in you being refused to have the bottle filled.

You are better off borrowing a site bottle.

As this is a steel bottle I hope you got it cheaply as to be of any use you have to get the bottle tested, and to be worthwhile you need to try to avoid postage.

The preferred option is HPAC testing. Ask your local paintball site if they can sort something out, or hang onto the bottle until you can get to an HPAC attended event, you can then hand them the bottle and collect it by getting to a subsequent HPAC attended event. This would avoid postage.

Failing the above there is the option of dive shops arranging testing. Be very clear that you want to test a steel paintball bottle and they ought to be able to arrange testing at a similar cost.

The disadvantage of testing a steel bottle is the relative cost of the test to the cost of a new steel bottle at about £40, but the advantage is that a steel bottle can last forever if it is repeatedly tested and passes. A fibre bottle has a final use date so has a limited lifetime. Therefore steel bottles become cheaper and have a longer working life.

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
Its out of test... That makes it illegal. For all you know, it could have a huge crack in it, and when you fill it it might burst