Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Team Training....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Lemme explain one of the most fundamental of all basics when it concerns training for paintball;

The more elaborate the drills you practice, the more you deviate from what is needed.

Paintball training can only be done properly, if the game and all its aspects are fully understood, especially how the training components can be dovetailed back into the game.
What I mean is this, it's no good setting up training where you run zig zagging here and there, swapping hands, doing a pirouette and so on and when it comes to doing the thing you have trained during an actual game, the drill is lost, still stuck up yer ass from whence it came.

For drill techniques to be assimilated into a game of paintball, (and this is obviously the prime directive of all drills) they have to be kept simple and repeated many, many times.
Otherwise training is just a waste of time, and in the UK for the past god knows how long, we been wasting time for far too long.

Do snap shooting from varying distances both left and right handed, those distances should be no more than 30 feet.
Snap shoot on yer own (in front of a mirror if you have to) hundreds of times to get the action right.
Do it standing and kneeling.

Practice moving from bunker to bunker.
Practice diving into bunkers from the get go.

This philosophy is applicable to 95% of the teams out there, ignore it at your peril guys, it may not sound as sophisticated as some people would have you believe or like but hey, the self same people ain't going nowhere in this sport.
If you keep things simple you actually learn more and keep more.
Good luck.

Crusher

Wondering whats next??
Mar 11, 2002
Illinois
Robbo... room on yer bandwagon?

Its about training your body to react in certain ways under certain conditions. If you train your body enough it almost becomes an instinct. At this point your body takes over and the primevil actions take over. You will do something or react to a situation, lets say you see a move a potential kill. By the time you have processed it in your mind you will have done it and be moving on.

Your body learns and creates a subliminal memory from the situations you put it into.

Why do acrobatics up to the fifty when you can one ball him from the 20 cause you can read what hes gonna do next.

FACT: The body takes around 20 days to form an instinctive neural connection from body training.

If you train a drill such as snap shooting( your balanced stance/platform) after doing this for 2 hours everyday by around day 20 your body would have made the connections to your brain and you will naturally adopt this position when the situation arises.

So brake the drills down to its basics(this is the hard bit) then drill and drill and drill.

Next step is on a level with Neo.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
FACT: The body takes around 20 days to form an instinctive neural connection from body training.

If you train a drill such as snap shooting( your balanced stance/platform) after doing this for 2 hours everyday by around day 20 your body would have made the connections to your brain and you will naturally adopt this position when the situation arises.
To clarify... It generally takes 10,000 good repetitions of an action for the action to become 'natural'. However, for every bad repetition you do you'll have to do 2 to improve (ie - one good one to unlearn the bad technique and then a second good one to add up towards the magic 10,000!)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I have been doing it badly for too long!
What? So you're telling me you can't get better by practising?:D

Note 10,000 reps = 'natural' or as you put it "instinctive neural connection".

5,000 reps are gonna make you a lot better than you are already;)

Crusher

Wondering whats next??
Mar 11, 2002
Illinois
cool

Thats motivation

I just need to do another 1! I've been on 9999 for too long.:D

Practice is where its at baby:cool:

Pee Wee

FREE AGENT!...
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by Stan
To clarify... It generally takes 10,000 good repetitions of an action for the action to become 'natural'. However, for every bad repetition you do you'll have to do 2 to improve (ie - one good one to unlearn the bad technique and then a second good one to add up towards the magic 10,000!)
Jeeze!! that would take 40,000 repetitions to naturally snapshoot standing and kneeling with both hands :eek: :eek:
Is that with paint or without it? :D
if so, wow! 40,000 paintballs, 20 cases of paint and about 600 quid :p

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
Originally posted by adw aka PeeWee
Jeeze!! that would take 40,000 repetitions to naturally snapshoot standing and kneeling with both hands :eek: :eek:
Is that with paint or without it? :D
if so, wow! 40,000 paintballs, 20 cases of paint and about 600 quid :p
no body said traiing to be really good was cheap

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Jeeze!! that would take 40,000 repetitions to naturally snapshoot standing and kneeling with both hands
Is that with paint or without it?
if so, wow! 40,000 paintballs, 20 cases of paint and about 600 quid
NO!

You can still snap shoot if you never practice... but!

If you were prepared to snap practice 40,000 times and spend the £600 however the action would be grooved into the nearal pathways in the brain until it became 'natural'... However, you would need to know that every time you snapped you were as close to perfect every time.

You guys may think im a kid and i dont have a clue what im talking about!
ive been playing paintball for not to long and ive managed to get a team and i should be getting a team soon! when i play on the field in wales ive told the rest of my team to work in a pair! one thing that my team mates worked on was a nice little maneouver that we usually practice against people every week!
What we do is during the middle of a round we get our buddy's to come up to the same barracade or hut we're at! then we duck down stay low! and we shout three two one! we jump up and shoot the nearest opposing target we can find drop down low again and repeat the process!