Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Test Date Querie

Chaos86

Starting Again :)
Aug 17, 2008
Cloud 9
I have bottle which was born on 07/2003, was tested in 08/2008 which is a 5 year interval, however the next test date is due 08/2011 which means only a 3 year test,

Its a luxfer 0.8 bottle and clearly states a 5 year interval between tests.

Just wondering if i am allowed to use this after 08/2011 or should get it tested on that date??

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
You're best getting it re-tested in any case Danny, just incase some one wants to check your bottle before you fill it and they see it's out of test, they may not allow you to use it. Although it should be 5, the company that tested it may have their own policy of testing every 3 years. Give it to H-pac to do for you a month before it needs testing then it will be ready for when you next need it. Was it done by CTS? Mine also has a 3 year on it 'Date Of Cylinder Re-Test 2008/04' 'Next Test Date Due 2011/04'

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
I was under the impression that you had 5 years from born date till the first test then three years subsequently till it reaches the end of it's life.

That is for fibre wrapped, steels are different.

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
I was under the impression that you had 5 years from born date till the first test then three years subsequently till it reaches the end of it's life.

That is for fibre wrapped, steels are different.
I think the sci bottles and old angel air had 3 year test lifes but luxfer and carleton (spelling) had a 5 year test life?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
as you had it tested and they gave it a three year period, you must get it tested before the three year period is up. At the next test check what you're getting for your bucks.

The Law - or as we best understand it lol

Guys this is taken from the UKPSF air regulations, ive heard many different things from different people and i would suggest you use this as the main guide.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is essential to check your cylinder today to prevent you from being refused permission to play an event. If you need your cylinder testing contact Darren at Cylinder Testing and Sales UK Ltd on 0151 448 0555

Remember, a cylinder not in test can’t be used and will not be filled by a commercial supplier of compressed air.

REMEMBER!!!!

FIVE YEARS FOR FULL-FIBRE WRAPPED BOTTLES - EN12245 and Pi certified.

THREE YEARS FOR FULL WRAPPED BOTTLES - HSE-AL-FW2 manufactured before July 2003 then five years after retesting for SCI and Luxfer cylinders

THREE YEARS FOR FULL WRAPPED BOTTLES - HSE-AL-FW1

FIVE YEARS FOR HALF WARP BOTTLES

FIVE YEARS FOR ALUMINUM OR STEEL BOTTLES

NOTES and amendments

The new European regulations (TPED) came onto the statute book in July 2003 and at that point the UK specification HSE-AL-FW2 became obsolete ie. no new cylinders could be produced to this specification for the UK market.

From July 2003, the European standard EN 12245 became the only acceptable specification for new cylinders.

All cylinders manufactured and certified to the HSE-AL-FW2 specification prior to July 2003 and retested after July 2003 have their retest period extended from 3 to 5 years at their next retest.

If you have a cylinder manufactured before July 2003 then you need to have it tested 3 years from the original manufactured date. The recertified cylinder will then need retesting after a further five year period.

All cylinders manufactured to EN 12245 and Pi certified to comply with the TPED start with a retest period of 5 years from date of manufacture.

Steel and Aluminium cylinders

In March 2002, European standards for cylinder testing were changed. The familiar old BS 5430 part 1 (steel cylinders) & part 3 (aluminium) were withdrawn and replaced by new standards - BS EN 1968:2002 for Steel Gas Containers, and BS EN 1802:2002 for Aluminium Gas Containers.

I should add that any other cylinders manufactured and certified to other specifications e.g. DOT are not legal in the UK

taken from http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballlaw.asp#1

Thanks hope this helps

Chris

Unreal Paintball Stoke on Trent

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Guys this is taken from the UKPSF air regulations, ive heard many different things from different people and i would suggest you use this as the main guide.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is essential to check your cylinder today to prevent you from being refused permission to play an event. If you need your cylinder testing contact Darren at Cylinder Testing and Sales UK Ltd on 0151 448 0555

Remember, a cylinder not in test can’t be used and will not be filled by a commercial supplier of compressed air.

REMEMBER!!!!

FIVE YEARS FOR FULL-FIBRE WRAPPED BOTTLES - EN12245 and Pi certified.

THREE YEARS FOR FULL WRAPPED BOTTLES - HSE-AL-FW2 manufactured before July 2003 then five years after retesting for SCI and Luxfer cylinders

THREE YEARS FOR FULL WRAPPED BOTTLES - HSE-AL-FW1

FIVE YEARS FOR HALF WARP BOTTLES

FIVE YEARS FOR ALUMINUM OR STEEL BOTTLES

NOTES and amendments

The new European regulations (TPED) came onto the statute book in July 2003 and at that point the UK specification HSE-AL-FW2 became obsolete ie. no new cylinders could be produced to this specification for the UK market.

From July 2003, the European standard EN 12245 became the only acceptable specification for new cylinders.

All cylinders manufactured and certified to the HSE-AL-FW2 specification prior to July 2003 and retested after July 2003 have their retest period extended from 3 to 5 years at their next retest.

If you have a cylinder manufactured before July 2003 then you need to have it tested 3 years from the original manufactured date. The recertified cylinder will then need retesting after a further five year period.

All cylinders manufactured to EN 12245 and Pi certified to comply with the TPED start with a retest period of 5 years from date of manufacture.

Steel and Aluminium cylinders

In March 2002, European standards for cylinder testing were changed. The familiar old BS 5430 part 1 (steel cylinders) & part 3 (aluminium) were withdrawn and replaced by new standards - BS EN 1968:2002 for Steel Gas Containers, and BS EN 1802:2002 for Aluminium Gas Containers.

I should add that any other cylinders manufactured and certified to other specifications e.g. DOT are not legal in the UK

taken from http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballlaw.asp#1

Thanks hope this helps

Chris

Unreal Paintball Stoke on Trent

I think maybe having something like that should be stickied in the air tech area or added to Lumps tech stickie...

Ed