Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Testing old bottle vs buying new

Mrwatermonkey

Feb 10, 2014
Right i have a old Crossfire 45/4500 hpa bottle atm , used it once years ago. recently i have took it upon myself to get back into the sport of paintballing properly howver i need loads of new gear first , one is ether to get my crossfire tested or grab a cheap new air bottle i have seen a few cheap ones about the same amount of money as it would be to test mine. however i am haveing problems about diveing shops near me saying that they cant send my crossfire to be tested as they cant "stamp" a carbon fibre tank "shrugs" . anyways what do you guys think? i am willing to buy a new bottle but if anyone can advise me of any local shops near preston on lancaster that are willing to do tests i would be grateful. :)

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Where abouts you located mate? do you go to CPPS? cause if so there is a shop there that tests for £17.50 or something like that

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
CPPS is tournament organiser.
You could also try Hpac cost a bit more than some places but offer a full hydro test.

They don't actually stamp fibre bottles at test centres, they sticker them and provided a certificate of testing.

Might be worthwhile picking up a 68/45 bottle, more air equals more time playing, pick one up second hand for about £80 with a few years test left

Mrwatermonkey

Feb 10, 2014
thanks Gaz i have sent them a email asking about prices and such :) , might as well get some more use out of my bottle before i need to get a new :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz #68

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Look up the other threads on testing.
Many dive shops can take cylinders for testing, but they have to pass it on to an IDEST centre

What you can experience is ignorance, disinterest or the disliking of paintball cylinders.

With them saying they cannot stamp a fibre cylinder, this implies ignorance, but sometimes dive shops may tell a paintballer any old story to put them off or quote a highly inflated price

The preferred test centre is HPACs

If you cannot meet up, drop off and collect then you have to deal with the added cost, inconvenience and risk of damaging threads if removing the regulator for posting

With regard to the value of testing or buying new consider the remaining life of a fibre. It has a maximum 15 years, if it's too old and the test is late then it may not be worth the money on testing, but if it has a good lifetime left then its worth going ahead

Reactions: H

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
thanks Gaz i have sent them a email asking about prices and such :) , might as well get some more use out of my bottle before i need to get a new :)
Took my bottles to Lance twice now. He's brilliant and has a very fast turnaround. I tend to wait while he does mine, and it usually takes 40 minutes tops.
Also costs £18

Reactions: Mrwatermonkey

Mrwatermonkey

Feb 10, 2014
Took my bottles to Lance twice now. He's brilliant and has a very fast turnaround. I tend to wait while he does mine, and it usually takes 40 minutes tops.
Also costs £18
still waiting for a email back >.> , also i will need to ship it to him as i live near blackpool :p