Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Texas Storm to disband for remainder of 2014

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
ProPaintball.com

We received word this morning that PSP Pro/Challengers team Texas Storm has disbanded effective this morning.

Team owner / player Ryan Gray said "I have decided to disband Texas Storm for the remainder of the 2014 season to be focused on building Avid Extreme Sports. I truly appreciate and honor the players who have made this team work over the past many years and hope to have the opportunity to recreate it in the near future."

Best of luck to the players.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152113869715920

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Wow...

Kind of surprised at this. That's a fair vague reason, I wonder what the real basis was.

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
It does seem pretty vague but at the same time, I've never ran my own business and managed my own pro paintball team, so I really have no idea how valid a justification it is :unsure: either way, it sucks. Storm had really proved they weren't just a D1 challenger filler team, but were actually a team capable of competing with the pros. Shame to see them go.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
One word: money.

So, j-sweezy will be on the move again. Who will be the lucky team this time?

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
One word: money.

So, j-sweezy will be on the move again. Who will be the lucky team this time?
He never seemed particularly happy on Storm in my opinion. Like when he was with Ironmen, it was Ironmen this, Ironmen that. Maybe he saw Storm as a step backwards? Either way, it'll be interesting to see where he goes now, especially given his affiliation with HK.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
If the owner is dropping more on the team, than recovering in sponsorship $$ or maybe his business is just taking a hit, which seems weird because it's fairly big. Then yea the cash factor would be an issue.

It could also be a large dose of internal politics and the owner just saying screw it, I'm out.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Ahhh apparently there was a massive wild fire that basically burned down most of the owners fields. The cost to repair/rebuild is so much that he can't fund the team as well.