Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The End Of ECI Paintball Team

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Story of my Life Arthur!!! Well apart from 97 when I won the world Cup with Aftershock.........Did I tell you about that?????????????Ha Ha

Twizz, World Cup Winner

....you did? cool, tell me all mate, I'm dying to hear :)

Bruno banned and Heavy D stretchered off - Up steps Twizz - the floor is yours mate ......

Disco ECI

EastCoastIrritant.
Sep 18, 2004
Red light district of Effingham
Money's tight, I'm still in debt, we lost players each year which where main parts of our squad forcing us almost to try and rebuild a team from nothing every year.

Training Saturday and Sunday every week with 5 days of work or college or school in between burns you out no doubt.

To echo what all the other team members, ECI time was the best time and i enjoyed every bit of the hard work and pain I put into the team, in the snow, in the rain and in the baking heat it was worth it for the brothers who did exactly the same.

Finally Id like to thank Dave for all the help hes given to me and the dedication and time he gave to the team, good luck with the real world again mate.

Ending on what Hoodless said Id like to think we made a name for ourselves and if we inspire just 1 person to put as much effort as we did in then it wasent all in vein.

We know heart, We knew glory

ECI R.I.P.

Stu 'Disco' Mcadam, 4 times on the podium with the lads and the next trophy was gonna be mine :[

Ryder

Jan 16, 2005
London
Was gutted when I got the email. Couldn't believe it, with all the hard work dave has put in. Glad to have been apart of it and a big shout out to dave and twizz for the effort and sacrifices they made to keep the team running. Will always be greatful for what you did, 2007 the best year in paintball of my life!

Ryder
Player 2007

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
First of all I'd like to thank ECI's sponsors. I hope that you all feel the same way as Spike and that we were able to pay back the support that you gave to us.

We were very fortunate to be supported by Dye Precision, DXS Paintballs, Manic Paintball, D7s, Slothball and PGi. Each company is the best at what they do.

A number of things have been mentioned in this thread and I will chip my 2p worth in on some of them in another post. First, I'll try and summarise the story of ECI as best I can.

I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder about the state of UK paintball and tried to do as much as I could about changing it through ECI. What was a bunch of kids playing Division 3 domestic paintball in 2005 became a team capable of taking European podiums and beating a certain US team by 2007.

After winning the NSPL series title in 2006, it was clear that the next step was to play in Europe. I came up with a plan for 2007 and pitched it to the seven existing players and a number of new faces at the back end of 2006. I remember telling Beaker that I felt apprehensive as these guys arrived at my flat. He thought I meant nervous but I felt that I was standing on the verge of something big.

My approach to running the team was pretty immersive. It was about so much more than just how to hold a gun or the jersey that we wore. Thinking about how much time I spent telling the guys how to behave brings a smile to my face even now.

Training underpinned ECI and we were known for our work ethic. 2007 was tough but 2008 was even more intensive as we moved to weekend training sessions, rooming together on Saturday nights. The only UK team that might have trained more than us this year was London Nexus.

In a way, I think ECI changed the training dynamic of a number of other teams along the way. The UK has a history of teams that don't see eye to eye and wouldn't always train together. We were lucky to scrimmage Notorious, Nexus, Shockwave, Storm, Tigers, Stealers, Disruption this year.

Two of the proudest times for me was taking the team to train in Europe. In 2007 we spent a weekend with Xistence in the Netherlands and in 2008 Paris B4 played host to us in France. Going abroad to train was something that only Pro teams had been able to do until that point in time.

So much training came at a price and ECI burned players out both physically and financially. This took its toll on me also and getting to the end of each season was a struggle.

My plan was always to move into the background over time and I stopped playing for the 2008 season in order to coach the team full-time. I had always hoped to hand the team over to one of the guys playing for me and Ash looked into this for the 2009 season. Unfortunately, burnout left the team almost starting over at the end of both years. Rather than let ECI slide down and tarnish the name that had been built, I decided to end the team.

There are so many people that helped and supported the team over the years and apologies if I miss anyone. My thanks go to Dave, Kathy, Connor (D7s training ground) Adrian, Scott, Spike, Bobby, Mark, Paula (Manic / DXS) Jeff, Tommy, Ash, Ellcie, Jesse (DYE), Jamie (Sloth), Ian Miller (PGi), Bunny, Mark Toye (lunch in 2005 set the wheels in motion), Chuck (bleep tests!), Notorious, Shockwave, Nexus, Storm, Stealers, Tigers, Quake, Disruption, Xistence, B4, and the Hoggs.

These are the guys that I owe the most to as without them, ECI could never have existed:

Kyle Mucha (Player 2005 – 2008)
Dave Simpson (Player 2005 – 2007, Coach 2008, Captain 2006 - 2008)
Stuart McAdam (Player 2006 - 2008)
Mark Dale (Player 2006 – 2007, Coach 2008)
Mark Winwood (Player 2006 - 2008)
Alec Bowen (Player 2008)
Ash Chaplen (Player 2008)
Stuart Dumper (Player 2008)
Joe Lowndes (Player 2008)
Richard Christopher (Player 2008)
Jack McEvoy (Player 2007 - 2008)
Jack Hoodless (Player 2008)
Dave Cullimore (Player 2005 – 2007)
Jimmy Brazao (Player 2005 – 2007)
Ian Miller (Player 2005 – 2007, Sponsor 2007 - 2008)
Mark Gerrard (Player 2006 – 2007, ECI Webmaster)
Nick Goryn (Player 2006 – 2007)
Ryder Sibley (Player 2007)
James Beadle (Player 2007)
Jamie Brandon (Player 2007, Sponsor 2007 - 2008)
Charlie Torp-Peterson (Player 2007)
Edd Harrington (Player 2005 – 2006, ECI Graphic Designer)
Stefan Joyce (Player 2005 - 2006)
Ben Welly (Player 2005)
Grant Bean (Player 2005)
Rich Hodgson (Player 2005)
Simon Malone (Player 2005)

Matt Gibbs (Guest)
Mark Toye (Guest)
Mark Berry (Guest)

In Pictures

tiger jedi

Apr 4, 2004
South Coast Baby!
www.euro5man.com
SC Stealers 2009

Sorry to haer that guys well done to twizz and Dave and everyone involved you done a fine job. If any ECI players (or coaches) fancy a ride wid the SC boys in SPL or maybe CPL next year then just let us know we will be holding a try out day in January but will do a proper announcment for that inc sponsors and diary for this year. Again sorry guys real shame and sorry to sound like a bit of a vulcher.

And the same goes for Swarm if they have actually split give me a call or email lets make something bad into something positive there are still a couple of half desent uk teams still left.............JUST!!!

Regards,

Warren Maxwell
SC Stealers

Tel:01797 344643
Mob:07779 654342
Email: warren@purerush.co.uk

Johan

full contact
Feb 6, 2008
www.teamxistence.com
WTF!!!

I was not on here for a wile...

sorry to see the team has died, RIP!

Dame you guys where the team to beat in the Millennium series, we where always looking out for you guys...

Dave and Twiss i hope to see you in 2K9 Millennium series, in some team...

Thank you! for all the good games that we played!

Johan
Amsterdam Xistence