Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Etha.

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
From what I have found out they do have a walk session once a month so I will be buying an Etha mainly for that reason, I'm unsure of any other places around but will do some research soon, as their are 3 or 4 of us playing regularly, we do quite like the scenario setting in woodsball.

Layton

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
I personally dislike the etha so if you are trying to get one I would say get a etek 4/5 instead

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
Yeah I was unaware of the electrical side of things so was considering buying one for the adaptability and style in the etha, I'm currently interested in the GOG eNMey but as I have seen on reviews the barrel is quite short so I'm thinking of a 16"-20" barrel and a proto Gravity fed hopper as I have been checking out a few of the deals on the sites that are listed on here as sponsors I believe. Unsure what the difference is in the material that the barrel is made from though, e.g. Carbon fibre or steel etc. other than the weight difference. Any suggestions on mods would be greatly appreciated though.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Dude you don't want a barrel that long. Barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy it's all about bore size. 12 inch is ideal with enough length to allow you to manipulate your bunker on the speedball field or brush/bushes in the woods without it being overly unwieldy.

Reactions: H and Sid Sidgwick

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Oh and carbon is just lighter and looks sexy that's pretty much it. I love my hammerhead mofo though but that's rifled.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
As Jim says stick to 12-16" barrrel (most of mine are 14" and that's pretty much the standard size used in speedball fields)

As for barrel material, carbon fibre is lighter and looks cool but I use aluminium barrels normally as they are a tad more robust.

Work out for budget then give BZ paintball or suchlike a phone call and say what you are looking for and they will help you with a decent package for your price.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Forget the proto primo hopper as well
It's just a gravity hopper with a shelf that makes it an upgrade from basic gravity hoppers

These days there is no point in getting anything less then a force feed hopper
Starter ones being the halo too

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Yeah I was unaware of the electrical side of things so was considering buying one for the adaptability and style in the etha, I'm currently interested in the GOG eNMey but as I have seen on reviews the barrel is quite short so I'm thinking of a 16"-20" barrel and a proto Gravity fed hopper as I have been checking out a few of the deals on the sites that are listed on here as sponsors I believe. Unsure what the difference is in the material that the barrel is made from though, e.g. Carbon fibre or steel etc. other than the weight difference. Any suggestions on mods would be greatly appreciated though.
If the Walkon allows electros, I'd seriously look at buying one, you may well find yourself outgunned! Plus, as you progress, you'll find you will want to buy better and better markers, and rarely play in games where Electros are not allowed. I'd personally much prefer an Etha over a Gog.
Most markers come with perfectly good stock barrels and, as already mentioned, there is no reason to buy a barrel longer than 14" or so (it'll just be cumbersome and awkward to carry). Tomikka is right on the hoppers too - a cheap electric force feed hopper can be had secondhand on here for £30 or even less!

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
That's good then, as I said earlier in the thread I will still be buying an Etha but as the site that we usually play at doesn't allow electronic markers it's mainly just so I have something to use their as well hence the GOG choice.
I thought the length of the barrel would effect accuracy but if not il stick to a 12"-14" for the handling side of things, il add this post to my first on the thread for ease of finding also.
We currently play at Douglas Valley Paintball in standish near Wigan as I live only a few minutes from their.
But traveling to any sort of location isn't a problem as we all have our own cars etc.