Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The inevitable Zombie apocalypse thread

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
My weapon of choice is a bowie knife good for cqb and tie it to a long pole/stick and you have a pike/spear great allrounder

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
My weapon of choice is a bowie knife good for cqb and tie it to a long pole/stick and you have a pike/spear great allrounder
Dude, if we're down to a knife-on-a-stick, I'm not doing my job. If someone showed up at my hive with a knife-on-a-stick as their primary weapon they better have some other skills to offer the group, or they will just be gunned down at the gate. No free rides in the apocalypse...

and yes Dusty, I'm down to sub 1 MOA at 100yds. Working on sub 2 MOA at 200yds (not there yet, gotta work on my breathing). I'm hoping my new Savage Axis XP in 223 Rem will help me get there. I just picked it up last night.

I pick up a Smith & Wesson M&P 15/22 on Saturday that will do nicely for closer engagement. Closer than that and it's my shotgun...
Closer than that and I'm hiding behind the 'knife on a stick' guy. maybe that guy can be useful after all....

Reactions: Spookls and Dusty

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Dude, if we're down to a knife-on-a-stick, I'm not doing my job. If someone showed up at my hive with a knife-on-a-stick as their primary weapon they better have some other skills to offer the group, or they will just be gunned down at the gate. No free rides in the apocalypse...

and yes Dusty, I'm down to sub 1 MOA at 100yds. Working on sub 2 MOA at 200yds (not there yet, gotta work on my breathing). I'm hoping my new Savage Axis XP in 223 Rem will help me get there. I just picked it up last night.

I pick up a Smith & Wesson M&P 15/22 on Saturday that will do nicely for closer engagement. Closer than that and it's my shotgun...
Closer than that and I'm hiding behind the 'knife on a stick' guy. maybe that guy can be useful after all....

That's where I come in. Self defence instructor, 18 years experience.

Give me a knife, kukri, tomahawk, sword, spikes, sticks, axe or combat shovel, go make a cup of tea for us both and come back in ten minutes.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Savage_110FCP_knap.jpg

This is my set-up for the Savage, but removed the cheek-rest and added a neoprene band around the stock that I slide extra rounds into. Also I swapped out the sight for a Killhouse Weapon Systems 3-9x40 illuminated scope. Looks every kind of bad-ass.

Reactions: Dusty

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY

Give me a knife, kukri, tomahawk, sword, spikes, sticks, axe or combat shovel, go make a cup of tea for us both and come back in ten minutes.
I am actually able to give you a combat shovel, awesome!.

If there's going to be some Kung-f-ing-Fu going down I had better add popcorn to my go-bag list....

Liam Moisey

Jun 14, 2012

Are you the guy that can kill someone with your little finger?

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester

I can shoot i just prefer blades as the are a lot quieter or if i had to choose something it would be a bow/xbow

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I got a nice xbow you can use, but start practicing now!
Anything over 25 yds and it's a tricky weapon to use when you need a head-shot.
Plus, with a 180lb draw weight you need good upper body strength to use it. I can fire 10-12 bolts per session before getting fatigued, and most of the guys I know can't draw the bow at all (eg. if you weighed 180lbs you need to be able to lift your own bodyweight using only your biceps and lats, and hold it for a second or 2).
If only we had xbows like Darryl on TWD! He can magically load bolts with one hand in a matter of seconds!! It's not like that in real life.