Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The inevitable Zombie apocalypse thread

May 25, 2005
Norfolk
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
What are you looking at for a pistol Dusty?
I researched for months, got it down to 3..

Glock 17 - this is the one I chose, because it's used by more government personal worldwide than any other pistol, meaning it has had to pass a whole lot of selection processes, and has ended up, pretty much universally, as the #1 choice. While most police forces have opted for 40cal, I got mine in 9mil. 9 mil will be easier to find.
SIG 226 - Used by the Seal Teams in 9mil. Double action on the first shot. awesome pistol.
H&K VP9 - new arrival, getting scorching reviews. I very nearly chose this, but I couldn't find one to shoot to try it out.
I carry a glock, good weapon. Very reliable and easy to maintain.
If I had the choice though I'd take the sig 226 every time, feels nicer in the hand and is so smooth when it cycles, accurate as foook too. I had a P220 many years ago and loved that, shame it had to be crushed, damn uk gun laws!!!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
my Buddy just got the 226. He loves it. I just can't shoot as accurately with it as the Glock in rapid fire. The reason for me is the slide being higher on the gun I think - it takes me a little longer to get back on target.
That said, if you decide between a Glock and a Sig, you're going to get a great pistol whichever you choose.
hearing great things about the S&W M&P9 too. For the price it's also worth a look.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Just because a lot of government personel use a certain gun, doesn't mean it's good though. What they use is also heavily influenced by price...
Having said that, the Glock 17 is indeed a very nice weapon.

Not all SEAL teams use standard equipment. What is often called SEAL team 6, but what is really called DEVGRU, is free to use whatever they want. Resulting in many of them using German weapons, like the HK MP7 and HK 416. That last one makes me chuckle a bit, since it is based on the AR15/M16 platform... "Yah, vee like yor veapon, Amerikaner, so vee haf made it as vell, only more betterer."
Still, if I was forced to chose only one weapon used by DEVGRU, it would be what they call the Pirate Gun. Which is an M79 40mm grenade launcher, with the stock removed, so as to give it a pistol grip. That sh*t looks badass!
Interestingly, the gun that took down Osama, while many think it was a Daniel defense M4 (as this is what the Seals typically use), was actually the H&K 416. I would get one, but at $4500 it's not going to make my list. Not yet anyways...

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I've got a set of Leight electronic ear protectors en route now, bonus points for being able to plug an mp3, I mean tactical radio, via 3.5mm jack lead into them.

Flight of the Valkyries while mowing fools :D

Reactions: Missy-Q
May 25, 2005
Norfolk
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Interestingly, the gun that took down Osama, while many think it was a Daniel defense M4 (as this is what the Seals typically use), was actually the H&K 416. I would get one, but at $4500 it's not going to make my list. Not yet anyways...
Not shot the 416 but do use the g36c which is a really nice weapon, not as nice as the MP5 but much more capable at range.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I've got a set of Leight electronic ear protectors en route now, bonus points for being able to plug an mp3, I mean tactical radio, via 3.5mm jack lead into them.

Flight of the Valkyries while mowing fools :D
Great choice. I have the Caldwell version. You can actually hear normal sounds louder than you normally would, but it kicks in and cancels anything over 5DB. Nice ears. Its funny to hear a muffled shot, followed by a more audible 'chink' as the shell-casing hits the ground.
The best thing about them is that you don't end up shouting at everyone at the range. You can just talk in a normal voice.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Great choice. I have the Caldwell version. You can actually hear normal sounds louder than you normally would, but it kicks in and cancels anything over 5DB. Nice ears. Its funny to hear a muffled shot, followed by a more audible 'chink' as the shell-casing hits the ground.
The best thing about them is that you don't end up shouting at everyone at the range. You can just talk in a normal voice.
Good to know. It was them or Peltor Sportacs, Leight were half the price and had many many more reviews available.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
if you wear glasses in normal life I would recommend getting a prescription pair with yellow tint to use as shooting glasses. The cheap shooting glasses are terrible and can distort your vision.

Reactions: Dusty