Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The inevitable Zombie apocalypse thread

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
And I shoot pigeons with my clay gun with fancy stock and stuff ....pigeons can't tell as far as I'm aware :D they certainly aren't any less dead .

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
If you fancy a go at clays,get an over under with adjustable chokes if possible.
Silver pigeon is a nice gun, I bought a 692 30" a few weeks ago.
Try a few before you buy at decent shop to get an idea what fits you, but-stock pads come in different thicknesses also have a think about length of barrels I'd go 30 or 32" for clays.
Marvellous, thanks :) The gun shop i'm using is a wee bit away from me but the guy is retired and only selling guns to satisfy his passion for them. He is a real shooting enthusiast, everything from clays to combat shotgun and driven game. Knows his stuff and has sold stuff all over the world, he tends to get a lot of unusual and rare pieces in when he sees them.

And I shoot pigeons with my clay gun with fancy stock and stuff ....pigeons can't tell as far as I'm aware :D they certainly aren't any less dead .
I'll be doing that to, a couple of the lads have one gun for rough shooting and one for sport but I'm not that fussy and fairly careful so I can't imagine a bit of muck doing a decent shooter any harm! To my mind (and i've been wrong before) if you can hit stuff with it comfortably and repeatedly then mission accomplished :)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Buddy...its inevitable you will end up with a few guns :) but cost alone prohibits whoring ( wife and kids factor) and the fact that a quality shotgun can last 50 years + and is something you become attached too when you start hitting things well with it is the biggest thing I've seen anyway.

Advice I got at the start was buy second hand and quality , Browning /Beretta (Eclipse/Dye) I prefer Beretta personally as they seem to fit me better off the shelf but I also own a Browning 20 Gauge for my son to learn on and have shot clays and pigeons with it. A gun with thousands of shots on it is nothing for a shotgun I put around 30k through mine last year alone , second hand market is similar to paintball but the need for this years gat is not although there is a certain amount of magpies out there ...most of whom are quite scary in a kind of 'postal' way.

if you end up competing and id be very surprised if you don't as you are a competitive guy and you evidently like target sports ;) you will probably start to look at the 3 -10k competition guns at some point in the future and the first purchase will either be traded in or used for game...watch this space...

P.S Clay shooting is the place paintballers go when they grow up..or get too fat

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Yup, we are. Ended up with a Webley and Scott 912 sporter. 30" barrels, multi chokem 3 year warranty blah blah blah. bit of an all rounder, been out shooting clays with it, haven't had a bash at our feathered friends yet.seems to fit ok, comb maybe a bit low but i got one of those bearstooth comb raising sleeves for a paltry £20 and starting hitting 8 and 9 out of ten.

Dealer recommended it to get started and cut my teeth on so to speak, he quite rightly said everyone changes their first and he would look after me when the time came. I like it, it shoots well enough but I'm already looking to a beretta or browning at a more local shop. I'll pop a piccy up, although it looks like most other shotguns to be honest!!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Lovely!
My first was a Remington 870 express, and I changed over to a Benelli Super Black Eagle. Love, love that shotgun. I'd put 200 rounds through it shooting clays and never be sore.

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm sort of putting 150 shells at a time through her, 28g 7.5's. First couple of times I was sore the next day, well, I could feel it at least but now it's grand :)

Reactions: Spikerz