Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The lethal paintball weapons.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
All these recent articles mention paintball markers and airsoft guns. Obviously paintball markers are intented for a very specific use, and their story was incorrect in saying that they can be made to fire live ammunition, but what about airsoft guns? They're made of frickin plastic? How the hell do you make that work? If an aluminum paintball marker body will blow up if it is used to try and fire a bullet, what would happen to a cheapy, plastic bodied airsoft gun? I think that perhaps the airsoft community (if there is such a thing) is entitled to an apology as well.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
that is the biggest load of Tosh i have ever read....

i wouldnt even grace the article with any concern as he is blatantly full of ****!

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
You can get metal airsoft rifles but like you say they would just explode.

Its full of crap...

I have had the chance fortunatly to see inside the breach of an M24 Socom Sharpshooters Rifle, and that breach was like a high security vault. The materials and thickness is incredible and no way could a paintall or airsoft marker/weapon sustain that kick and sudden impact upon firing.

Tis bull****! :rolleyes:

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
I think i know what they are talking about here. This is exactly how paintball was banned in scotland. Dumbass fools started firing ball bearings and marbles at people. The police got a paintball gun, gave it the modifications (if any) and fired it at a dummy. The pellets shattered the mock-skull etc. and the police said "Let's ban Paintball up here".
Plastic bullets are fired from modified paintball guns by the police to control crowds. Imagine getting hit by a paintball, it hurts like hell. Then, imagine getting hit by a plastic paintball, it's gonna hurt even more. But, imagine getting hit by a metal paintball. Therein lies the point of using paintball guns as weapons. I don't think they were converted to fire gunpowder bullets, just ball bearings. Anyway, can't remember the point but sh*t like this is what truly will get this sport banned. it sucks, what can i say...

Fi$h

PS, chris is right, there is no WAY you can fire ammunition (gunpowder bullets) from an airsoft gun, bullets explode, and guns are built to withstand the explosion from the breech. paintball guns and airsoft guns aint...and so cant...

Meyer

Over here in the US police us converted Tippman Pro/Carbines and PT extremes to fire what they call pepperballs. Its a hard frangible shell with literally a pepper spray fill fired at 350 fps (they're literally only allowed to fire within 10 yards too). Pball markers can be converted into weapons, a freind of mine stuffed sand into a fine mesh bag and fired it out of an old tippman, the thing punched through sheetrock. As for real bullets, no freaking way, but seriously, all a marker does is impart a certain amount of force on whatever object is in the breach, be it a paintball, or a ball bearing. They CAN be used as weapons, the key is to educate people about their safe and legal uses, and let the public make whatever decisions they may.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
1) The tippmans the US police use are not 'converted' they are standard guns. They fire a standard 68 calibre 'perfect circle' pepperball made by Tom Kaye. They can also fire some other fun rouds as well, such as bad smells and permanent dye...

2) Sheetrock is easy to shoot through. I've shot through it with a pencil and an elastic band. Sheet rock is very brittle so you can just punch/blow holes out of it easy.

3) You can make a weapon out of just about anything in life.

Jake

r o o k i e .... my arse!
Apr 11, 2002
Chelmsford, UK
Visit site
Guys I know that the weapons that the MET report refers to are starter pistols, decommissioned weapons, replicas and the like.

To my knowledge there has been no suggestion that paintball guns are considered by law in the UK as 'readily converted'. If you have any specific concerns regarding the legality or legitimacy of paintball guns to contact the MET firearms office. There is some more available info at HERE

I know that the forensic science serviceFSS has tested paintball markers in the past and (as far as I know) found nothing untoward.

It's just an over-zelous journalist getting the wrong end of the stick. I suggest as many people as possible write a letter of complaint.

Agent Smith

Aug 15, 2003
Guildford
Visit site
Yes the main problem that has been encountered over here is converted blank firing guns.

It is easy to buy a blank firer which take 8mm blanks and then bore the barrel out to 9mm.

The weapons are good for 1 or 2 shots, and are popular with criminals (esp drug related) as they are "use once- throw away"
so there is less of a trail and not much forensics or balisic evidence.

This has been widely publicised as there have been many cases where converted weapons have back-fired of blown up in the face of people using them.

I think again it is a journo getting the wrong end of the stick, or just throwing some bull together to please an editor.

Doesn't do the sport any favours though:mad:

Cameron