Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Miami Massacre - It's on its way.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Unfortunately, it was my blood, courtesy of my nose and someone's boot [or an air-tank] ..... it all happened when I owned Nexus and we went to play in Miami, Florida in the NPPL.
At one stage, I thought I was at the Alamo but when all the dust settled, I was on a paintball field in sunny Florida with blood coming out my nose and dripping onto my boots.
5 Rage players versus Little ole me ..... on my, what a sorry tale.

I heard and read so much BS concerning this event, it had some people believing I had been hospitalised in intensive care and others being told I had single-handedly wiped out an entire paintball team with a flick of my hand ... thankfully, neither account was true, and the real course of events was lying somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

I mentioned previously about events I had been involved in having a nasty habit of being followed up by a sting in the tail, this was yet another example of that propensity.
This particular Stateside drama set into action an unexpected series of events culminating in some really underhand, snide-ass business orchestrated by someone who wouldn't know the truth if it rogered the life out of him.
It's yet another case of someone thinking he's Billy Big Bollox when the reality is, he's a nobody.

I really couldn't make this sh!t up, and if I ever did, I'd be rightfully described, 'mad as a hatter', but as someone once noted, 'truth is stranger than fiction' and in this case, it most certainly was ... I'm halfway through finishing it and even as I write out the account, my carotid artery is beginning to twitch in my neck.

This tale of woe includes people being robbed at gunpoint, cheating, a 'complicit' head judge, politics, an affray, a Millwall kiss, attempted bribery, and good deeds ... as to who done what and why?
Well, you'll have to wait and see but let's just say it was another day at the office for me .... :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolter

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Would the gunpoint robbery be the one involving McD?
Well, lemme think a minute here, just how many 'gun point' robberies have there been in paintball?
Erm ....... errr......... I'm racking me brains here and only one springs to mind and so you may be right Morris but you will have to wait until I've posted it to confirm one way or the other .... :)

I was actually gonna leave this drama out of my 'Rise and Fool ......' but someone mentioned it recently and so I'll include it especially as it involves a couple of northern slags erring on the side of 'doing the right thing'.
And in so doing, earned my respect and gratitude because there's not many people in paintball who would have taken the course of action they chose in the face of such financial temptation.
As to why I should include this sorry tale?
It's all about respect - anyone can fuhk up, and if you are man enough to put yer hands up and say 'sorry', then 99 times out of a hundred, I will accept the apology if it was me on the receiving end of someone's fuhk up .... but this individual, never owned up and preferred to blame others as against growing a pair of nuts; he effectively accused the people who helped me of lying which is actually laughable.
If you know the two guys who were at the centre of this, and you know of the scum-sack who tried to fuhk me over, it takes about one nanosecond to work out who's lying ...
That's how my mind works anyway :D

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I remember opening beers, eating popcorn and watching this event unfold over the internet. With a "breaking news" thread on p8ntballer stating 5 rage guys have attacked Pete......

Never a dull moment! :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ad, the irony was, Anthony Jones [Cheers Jay] who was editor of PGi at the time, went on p8ntballer saying I had been hospitalised, lord knows who said that to him; more to the point, why didn't he just call me or Ledzy to find out what happened before saying something. I was just pleased my wife didn't see Ant's post before I told her what really happened.
Any took it down thankfully when he spoke to one of the team layer that day.
Still, it was all fun .... Of a sort :)

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ant Jones.... Not a hard name to remember. ;)
Oh Jay, I'm afraid one of the very real problems with aging, leastwise in my head, is the erosion of my memory - it's embarrassing, I think I ended up telling Dusty, the same thing three times, it may have been four, I can't remember, and there ya have it, see what I mean :)

Mind you, one thing I don't forget is people who have tried to fuhk me over, I've got a part of my brain that's reserved just for them, I access it every now and then to make sure the neurons are still firing correctly.
Last time I fired them up, the number one a$shole was alive and well, still resident in his privileged position.
I'll shake the brain-dust off of him when I get to my last chapter :):):)

Reactions: Buddha 3

blakey64

Jun 2, 2012
You have a great way with words Pete, I for one hope that you continue to write, and on a lot more subjects, most enjoyable.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well, thanks for your comments Blakey, I'll try and finish the 2nd addendum by tomorrow but even now, when I think about the series of events as they unfurled, I'm just amazed at the way some people's minds work. ...... it really does beggar belief …:/