Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The new DYE R2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Yes not so easy in the middle of an event though... And it would get inside the hopper if you then closed up from 260 to 200...
Plus over £200!!! Ouch!!!
It wouldn't get inside the hopper, the "extension" isn't retractable. It's always there, but has different peak settings. It would get no further than the extension. Plus the chances of being shot there are so slim, it doesn't even flag to me as a concern. The price however!

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Have to say, I'm amazed there's never been a re-load alert before! I also like the idea of being able to start the break with a full capacity, then reduce it to a sensible size after.

But the price is daft - I bought my original brand new rotor for £80! I suspect sometimes that DYE price their kit to the principle of "if it costs that much, it must be good!"

I'll wait til the second hand market crashes the price down this off season.... ;)

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
From a YouTube video going over the features (can't remember which one now) it seems like the reload alert works as a counter - you get a beep after 100 shots then a double beep at 150. You then need to re-set the alert by pushing the button.

I'm not sure that is something people are going to use in practice if they are holding down a lane. I would have liked to see something monitoring the spring ramp, say with a hall-effect sensor or something, that is triggered by the reducing weight of balls.

Reactions: H
Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Seriously, why?

My current rotor has only ever had issues when it was blocked up by a freakishly misshaped / sized ball. Other than that, it has been completely bullet-proof reliability wise, the batteries last forever and it feeds far faster than fields will allow you to shoot. What does this new rotor do that would persuade me to shell out nearly 2 1/2 - 3 times what I originally paid for my old one, especially when the old one still does all that I need it to?

Reload alert is an unneeded gimmick and while the variable capacity is a nice idea, it's only of benefit for a such a short period of time it is not worth the outrageous price.

David neilson

Sep 12, 2013
I can't believe the price they have put on it? Surely they are just testing to see how far we will go haha let's hope they realise and bring the price down to something a little more realistic

KP01

Apr 7, 2014
As awesome as this seems, I won't be buying one in a hurry. £220 is an awful lot of money for a loader! I've got a Rotor at the minute and have never had any problems with it so if it ain't broke and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.