Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Rise and Fool of Nexus .....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Jay, Chris was a great character of our sport but there was another character who I didn't have too much sympathy for and that was Marcus Nielsen - he was a brazen cheat but there was something about him I didn't really like, he was one of life's weasels who had no respect for anyone or anything.
He once came up to some of my guys after he had just played against us and boasted that he'd cheated in the game, seeing as he was the last man alive, that cheat cost us that game - I should have stuck him on his ass for that [boasting about it not the cheating] but clumping someone his size [a very small man] wasn't gonna make good press for me or the team.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
So i know the personal/family insults had a huge part to play in the conflict with Jeff, but was this all sparked by him sanctioning the entry of that event? was it the catalyst for trying to take the team away from you? sorry if i'm being thick and missed this.

Reactions: H

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
So i know the personal/family insults had a huge part to play in the conflict with Jeff, but was this all sparked by him sanctioning the entry of that event? was it the catalyst for trying to take the team away from you? sorry if i'm being thick and missed this.
I don't believe Jeff originated proceedings, he went along with some of the team's wishes to take the team away from myself.
I don't think it was his idea initially but he was certainly instrumental in it.
And yes, the family insult was the main determinant in extending the affair for much longer than it should have done. I couldn't believe he stooped that low but it's done and dusted now and shall remain in the past.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
He played for Arsenal didn't he? I seem to remember they pissed off a lot of people, wasn't there a full on ruck between them and Pete?
I think you mean the punch up I had with 4 or 5 members of the Rage team in Florida. Yeah, that was kinda fun in a perverse sort of way but I've told that story here somewhere already H.
I never really had a problem with Arsenal, just Marcus Nielsen.
Come to think of it, I've had quite a few problems with people over the years but there have been a couple of common-denominators - they were all as$holes or had done something to really pis$ me off :)

Reactions: H

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
If memory serves me didn't Marcus get himself banned at a Millennium event for playing on with a hit on his forehead, he was claiming he couldn't self check as he obviously couldn't see his own head?

He was also renowned for having sponsorship issues, many of which revolved around claims his guns had been "stolen" at events, could he please have another couple......

Reactions: Rat and H

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I was at the Bittberg Millennium event once with Nexus and as I was walking back from the fields to the hotel, I was passing a block of apartments that were on that base.
All of a sudden I got hit on the head with a bottle, it was thankfully plastic but it had been thrown from one of the apartments and as I looked up to see who had done it, I saw a flash of someone as they leaned back into the room out of view.

It was obviously aimed at me and so I saw which floor it had come from and also the location of the room; by that time some of the Nexus guys had caught up and when I told them what happened they hitched a ride and came along to see what was gonna happen.

I genuinely didn't know how many people were in that room but it wouldn't have mattered anyways but I went to the right floor and walked up to the door of the apartment in question - and as luck would have it, the door was ajar and I walked straight in and there were two guys - one of them was squirming on the bed looking like a rabbit as a car bore down on it - it was Marcus Nielsen.
He was a pathetic sight because he really believed he was gonna have to try and defend himself but he knew damned well he didn't have the resources to do that.

I've seen people who have been scared before but the little rat looked as though he was soiling himself as I walked toward him.
I've no doubt he woulda gone round telling everyone how great he was by throwing the bottle but when push came to shove, he reacted like a little girl ...

I didn't clump him, he's 8 stone dripping wet, and so there was absolutely no mileage in hurting him .. ...looking back, I wish I had clumped him really because he made himself eligible that's for sure.
A right prihk .. and yeah, I also heard about his habit of 'losing' markers ..:/

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
I remember at the time of the try outs for Nexus I played a small Tourney in maidenhead with a group of guys looking for a game on the day.

It was
Twizz
Tommy (who found out the day before he had made the Xball team)
Dan (who went onto Russian Legion)
Stefan (who I think joined Nexus later in their history)
and Myself.

We did well, but didn't win, purely as we had never really balled together and the tourney was a mix of sup'air and woods and we had no real woods experience from a tourney angle.

One of my best paintballing days ever.

I got to play with some of the finest paintballers of the time, and feel like I actually had some level of game. I really didn't.

My finest ever move as a back player was the day I was snapping a guy hammering my back bunker, and just thinking, is he distracting me from someone on the tape.

Sure enough, I change sides, snap out and take the runner out. We still lost overall but I was happy.

Great stuff Pete. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Cook$