Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Rumour Mill

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Jay, I'm afraid the NXL has now devalued itself to a sorry fraction of what it used to be and pretty much anybody with a few quid could get in now [OK, I exaggerate a bit but it's not far off].

The problem for Joy is two-fold, one of money and the other of motivation.

Those guys on that team have been playing for a long time now and I did hear some of them were having problems in terms of motivation and commitment which doesn't bode well if people are thinking they might join the NXL.
Magued [and his team] has been a great ambassador for our sport especially when we consider what he was able to achieve Stateside against all the odds but I think the competitive soul was ripped from their heart a few year's back when they believed they would never get a fair crack of the whip that side of the pond ....

I think there's a lot of dust still to settle both sides of the Atlantic and until it does, I'm not sure any big moves are gonna happen anywhere.
Well, I'm just repeating it from a certain horse's mouth. In fact, you were there when the horse said it. And it's a horse very well cued in to all things Joy... ;)

Besides, it's the rumour mill, not the proven fact mill. :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well, I'm just repeating it from a certain horse's mouth. In fact, you were there when the horse said it. And it's a horse very well cued in to all things Joy... ;)

Besides, it's the rumour mill, not the proven fact mill. :D
Jay, I wasn't for one second suggesting it wasn't gonna happen, I was just outlining why it wasn't such a great proposition any more.
A few years back, any Euro team, any US team for that matter would give their right arm for a NXL spot.

When I owned Nexus, I was offered a way in to that hallowed league and even though the guys on the team wanted in, there was no practical way for the finances to work out if we had.

Like a lot of times with players, their paintball eyeballs were a lot bigger than their paintball bellies [except for Ledz at the time, that is] and they just wanted to for selfish reasons without ever considering where the money was gonna come from.
In fact, most of the guys on the team were good about it really and saw the financial reality of it all.

The recent recession has leveled many a playing field not least of all the tournament landscape with most series looking quite flat really .... there's no buzz anymore .... we really do seem to be devoid of any sporting meaning or direction ..... we feel rudderless, with no captain nor compass.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Not me and you, although that would be a good fight to watch, because you know I would kick your ass.............. Sorry have woken up now!

I meant an E Fight between you and chrome dome! What a way to start 2010!
No thank you, I prefer to start my year off with all my intellectual bits in one piece thank-you; any e fight with Jay is gonna cost me bad either way.

Mind you, I wouldn't ever question anything concerning his take on historical events and I don't think he would ever lose respect for what he thinks I know concerning the science side of things and so I like to think it's a stand-off because of the respect we have for each other.

And to be honest, we do tend to think very similarly concerning most things and so it's extremely unlikely we would ever get into a debate and if there was an area, I would decline such a confrontation on the basis he's a friend and always been loyal to me, and vice versa.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I never kiss on a first E-date; you must think I'm sort of virtual slag Cook$, I am virtuous I'll have you know and most certainly not inclined toward the Stongle version of sexuality thankyou.