Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Rumour Mill

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Totally agree about there being a problem with paint consumption - but there are still a lot of people who want to see a return to 15bps or unlimited semi, god knows why. The best days of paintball I've played over the last couple of years have both been limited paint - a one day hopper-ball event, where I was going out with just a full revvy each game and no pack and then a magfed/limited loader 2 day event, where I was shooting an Automag with 50 ball loader and carrying three 50 ball pots. Shot just over half a box of paint in two days @ £36 a box for clear paint, totally affordable and very fun.

If increasing paint prices force the game to adopt more limited paint formats, I'm completely fine with that, I just hope it doesn't push too many people away from paintball.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
In OD3 at Puget we got our 10 free cases, and paid 10 euro per case to upgrade them to better quality paint (shot evil) and we used 14 cases in 14 points I think.

In Basildon we paid 15 pounds to upgrade each case, so 150 quid for the team, and I think we barely used those 10 cases. As a back player there was only one game I pulled a 2nd pod. Points were incredibly fast (One win was 20 seconds flat, and 4-5 of those seconds were checking for paint before hitting the buzzer).

I've played a lot of limited paint formats and they're ok! They can be pretty fun, sometimes you can get some slow points (as seen during the nations cup) but for the most part it is pretty much a normal game.

I'm actually pretty impressed at paint prices. In 2004, uncapped semi, NPPL 7 man, most people were paying 65 USD for a case of hellfire, outside of events that was 70-75USD a case. Sponsorships meant a lot more then by giving out free paint. 65 a case shooting a case a game per person for the back line, was pretty common. I'd shoot 14 pods a game plus the hopper every game.

I can see prices moving up, but I think it'll be a smallish increment because the backlash would be pretty massive.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

cwkotw

Aug 30, 2004
Visit site
Surely the less paint we use the more it will cost per case. So if playing limited paint games goes ahead for the mills and other follow prices will go up even more?

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I'd be looking to the NXL for the way forward, rather than the MS, after all Richmond has a major shareholding in that league, whereas his interest in the MS is by, at most, proxy. Despite being the new webcast partner, afaik he has no vote on the board.

This deal has been in the wings for some time now, originally it was rumoured to be completed between Puget and Bitburg (i.e. some time around April/May), obviously it has taken longer to conclude than originally expected. I may even have eluded to it earlier in this thread.

Those of us who have been around for some time will remember the days of paying £100 or more for field paint at events, before all the 'sponsorship' stupidity.

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
In OD3 at Puget we got our 10 free cases, and paid 10 euro per case to upgrade them to better quality paint (shot evil) and we used 14 cases in 14 points I think.......

In Basildon we paid 15 pounds to upgrade each case, so 150 quid for the team, and I think we barely used those 10 cases. As a back player there was only one game I pulled a 2nd pod. Points were incredibly fast (One win was 20 seconds flat, and 4-5 of those seconds were checking for paint before hitting the buzzer).

I've played a lot of limited paint formats and they're ok! They can be pretty fun, sometimes you can get some slow points (as seen during the nations cup) but for the most part it is pretty much a normal game.

I'm actually pretty impressed at paint prices. In 2004, uncapped semi, NPPL 7 man, most people were paying 65 USD for a case of hellfire, outside of events that was 70-75USD a case. Sponsorships meant a lot more then by giving out free paint. 65 a case shooting a case a game per person for the back line, was pretty common. I'd shoot 14 pods a game plus the hopper every game.

I can see prices moving up, but I think it'll be a smallish increment because the backlash would be pretty massive.
I blame the internet.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
I'd be looking to the NXL for the way forward, rather than the MS, after all Richmond has a major shareholding in that league, whereas his interest in the MS is by, at most, proxy. Despite being the new webcast partner, afaik he has no vote on the board.

This deal has been in the wings for some time now, originally it was rumoured to be completed between Puget and Bitburg (i.e. some time around April/May), obviously it has taken longer to conclude than originally expected. I may even have eluded to it earlier in this thread.

Those of us who have been around for some time will remember the days of paying £100 or more for field paint at events, before all the 'sponsorship' stupidity.
Yes, indeed!

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
And after the financial horror of playing the Mayhem Masters for a couple of years, I decided the best way to experience it would be to go as a Ref.

So, we got paid £30 a day, had to sort our own hotel & travel, and got issued with a set of pink (!) or yellow JT's, a pair of rave pants and a t-shirt, then spend 3 days reffing - in the main - mature gents with short tempers.

But I was on field the year the Predators faced off against the Ironmen for 1st place. Classic game.

Reactions: Spikerz

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
15p a ball I paid for my first ever tournament. When mayhem put their prices down to £80 a box for the European masters we thought that was super cheap but I rarely used more than 2 100 ball pots a game. However our back players such as lumpy would go through 12 pots a game easily. When I recently returned to the sport I was astounded that people were bitching about the price of a box of paint at £25 a box.

In other news on this I have heard that Jon bonich will still be employed at the colchester warehouse. This is what I care about. The people I have known for years and put their heart and soul into paintball and could've potentially been out of a job because of a merget/buyout.
If I have to pay an extra £5 or so for paint and no one loses their job , then I'll be happy to do so.
You people have had cheap paint for too long. Be more accurate guys:)