Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thinking of getting an Airow Gun

Ezrog

Jun 5, 2013
Well, I'm pretty dead set on it to be honest... Iv noticed you can buy the barrel part and attach it to most compound or recurve bows.

The price is a bit too steep for me to just buy it outright, so im looking towards buying the bow first myself, then getting people to buy me the addon part and any other parts I need. [people seem to suggest a hopper, but i cant see how id get one on there...]

Any infomation i can dig up seems to be about draw pulls, changing barrels and other stuff thats a bit too advance for me or irrelevant.

So any suggestions for a bow to buy? and will i be ok buying it all over time bit by bit, or should i save up and buy it all in one? which will take longer cause im terrible at saving money...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Have a watch of this if you have not already:

You could probably use a hopper going by the picture on the link below. It is shown with a stick feed
http://www.airowgun.com/paint.php

I would see no point in using a hopper instead as the amount of paint would not be required, and it would mess with the balance to have a hopper poking out of one side
You could use a small 50 shot hopper as per pump play but I would still call that overkill

When I play pump I have used full size & electric hoppers but there is little need.
A stick feed will be ideal, carry your paint in 8/10 shot pistol tubes

When I go out with just a pistol I carry 8 shot tubes to reload my magazines but also extra full size pods and I refill the tubes when convenient

For buying it all you can use other compound bows, for an equivalent bow it will may cost you more to buy seperately.
With a quick search I can see bow prices ranging from £200 to £900, and Rap4 sell the airrow at £525 complete or just over £200 without a bow.

If you opt for a different bow I would recommend finding someone who knows archery both to confirm suitability and that you are buying the right bow for you

Pump paintball is fun enough, but airrow guarantees to lock a smile on your face.
I picked up the first airrow to go on sale in the UK, I was sensible and put it down again but cool is not a good enough word
Enjoy

Ezrog

Jun 5, 2013
Thanks, thats basically everything i wanted to know! I guess Im gonna need to start saving for the whole thing.

Iv seen it sold in the US as a whole package for around £300, but apparently ill be taxed £200 so it will just go up in price anyway, cant really find a way to get it cheapish. Guess ill just keep browsing the forums and hoping to get lucky!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
From the US will cost you the purchase price plus international postage
Then arriving in the UK will have import vat at 20% on top of the value (not postage)
Courier fees will go on top of that for handling through customs & pre paying the import vat

You may get import duty as well on the full setup - I think just over 3%

Ezrog

Jun 5, 2013
But rap4 sells them for around £550, whereas its just below £300 from America...

Well iv started saving. iv put aside £200, so almost halfway! =/ Was really hoping to get it before i went to paintfest.

Ezrog

Jun 5, 2013
Its very steep... But Iv fallen in love! the things we do for love eh?

Looks like i cant make a "wanted" thread here either. =/

Last edited: