This is an old thread - mods please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
Hello,

I just want to write on here, the PB UK hub for gossip, that I am no longer going to play or be involved in our wonderful game.

Reasons are too boring and long winded to explain, but in a nut shell, my career and field hockey has taken precedence over the last 6 months and I like it that way.

I wanted to give an official signing off because those of you who know me, know that paintball has been a big part of my life since I was a child and there are a lot of people to thank.

Starting with my granny Iris who ran Hook Wood Paintball site back in the early 90's, when I first started playing.
My dad Bart Farmer, and my uncle Rafe Farmer who showed me the ropes.
All the ex Uk Predators, especially Masai who my dad captained, sorry Marcus Davis but they won far more than Zulu! ;)
Phil Ham who introduced me to the US paintball scene, Hyperball and then Sup'air.
Pete Robinson for getting me through my Maths exams :p
Sam and Colby Keats - whoop whoop Cannonfodder!
The Draxxus team and Adrian
Wolf UK - you know who you are
The Fallen Angels and Wendy Auton
The KEE team, John, Jackie Sosta and Leah Mason
The H-Pac team
Storm - I love you guys, MK Storm forever. Jon Bon the silent saviour of Uk Paintball.

I cannot thank everyone on here, and if you are not mentioned you know who you are ;) And if I ever had the pleasure of playing a game with you, I enjoyed every minute.

Shelley Farmer signing off :)

willg

Dec 17, 2009
Is your uncle the same Rafe Farmer who ran NRG Paintball in Westerham?

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Hi Shelly, Yep its sad to see another one of us leaving the sport, but even though I don't know it, some things come first in life, so its been great knowing you and watching you become and great player, so long and take care you will be surely missed

Twizz xx

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've known Shell for well over 15 years, she is one of the very few shafts of sunlight that permeates our sport; seemingly always a happy face and a disposition that makes you feel good in just knowing her, and being in her presence.

She's got brains as well as looks [we are a dying breed ya know] but much more importantly, she truly is such a nice person.

I really like Shelley because she seemed to rise above all the cr@p that proliferates our sport and maintain a personality that was nothing ever than engaging ... it's a real loss for our sport, a real loss :(

I was never one for acknowledging chicks could play paintball, preferring to believe they should remain at home and get the dinner ready for when the menfolk return ... she blasted my medieval thinking right out the water when I watched her shoot four or five of these so-called menfolk during a game at the Birmingham Campaign Cup a few years back ... the girl could really play the game but then she did come from good stock because her father Bart, was one of our sport's all time greats.

Good luck Shell in whatever you do mate !!!!

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Sad to see you go, you and Lemon were the first women ballers I was able to show my gf to prove she could play as well as any of us if she tried. Good luck :)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Shelley Farmer, the little lady who really could play paintball! It took about 10 seconds of a game for me to realise that you were probably better than most of us! And playing along side you was a breath of fresh air.

Personally, it has been a pleasure mate. Thanks for all the giggles, games and banter, I will never forget them. From the rush of winning a game somewhere in Europe, to blocking the pool slide with our whole team in Belgium and laughing till my face hurt. Thankyou!

I raise a glass to the UKs best ever female baller!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2s93ku8.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/nz0mx5.jpg

Shelley and I before a game.

http://i47.tinypic.com/rivqqs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.