Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thoughts on a luxe 2.0 vs the dm14

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
Reading through posts and so I see the luxe always seem to hold their resale price really well compared to the dye.
Is there a reason for this , is the luxe a better gun all round or just more sort after ?

Thanks guys

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
Personally, if i had to buy one of these 2 again, i'd buy the DM14

Mr.Vanguard

Apr 26, 2014
South East
I would personally go with the luxe yet both guns are really nice to use the luxe is smooth efficient, resonably light a 2 pounds (around 744g) but hey all personal preference some like dye im not a massive lover of dye products exept for their jerseys and trousers which are really well designed I've always been a bit of a lover for planet eclipse markers if you was looking up in that price range I would consider a Geo 3.1 or perhaps a LV1 if that's your style good luck on your new marker

Reactions: Bertz

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
The reason a Luxe holds is value better is because of the release cycle imo. Because Dye bring out a new gun every year with updates to it you find a lot of people selling last years stock - supply and demand and it drops the resale price. DLX have only released 3 guns in ~7 years, so they've held their value well.

If you were to ask me which I prefer, I wouldn't be able to make a fully informed decision. I've only shot the Luxe 1.0 - however between the two I would take the DM14 everyday. I've not shot the 2.0 but I'm not aware of many changes - but there's a large following so they can't be bad guns

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Either will be good. Both will shoot balls, it depends on which you find more comfortable to hold.

Luxe will be retain value better, DM will drop like a stone. This is only a problem though if you plan to change your marker every 6 months, if you're holding on to it for a few years then it will make little to no difference.

7SunLike

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
I like luxe, it is my personal preference. Dm do new markers each year. Luxe one marker for some years.

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
i take it you and 7sun are the same person ;) ?
nice job on the post count (spam) in a day btw (y)

thanks for the advice & i did go with the luxe, which looking at the way dye markers are dropping it seems the better choice.
After doing some basic maintenance on the marker its nothing to hard to keep on top off.

Last edited: