Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thoughts on the dye i5's?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I threw a pair on this week.
I like the dial at the back. It's cool, and way easier to get a comfortable and secure fit.
It also covered my jaw-line, which was the real test, for me at least.
Other than that they are very much like the I4.
I Like them.

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
I threw a pair on this week.
I like the dial at the back. It's cool, and way easier to get a comfortable and secure fit.
It also covered my jaw-line, which was the real test, for me at least.

Other than that they are very much like the I4.
I Like them.
Would you buy a pair? What other goggles do.you use? As at this time I use jt or grillz to protect my jawline
Thanks

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
Tried on a pair at mayhem paintballs shop today and I really like them, I love my I4's but these cover more of my jaw so win-win for me.

Reactions: mikey1975

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
IF I was going to buy a mask this season, from what's currently available, I'd likely go EVS, but the I5 would be a real contender and it would come down to what was more readily available and in the color I liked.
I haven't seen the PUSH one yet, but I expect it to look very similar to Dye and Virtue given the guys behind the project.

Truth is, I haven't paid for a paintball product for close to 20 years, so I'm having a hard time answering you. Push comes to shove though, I5 or EVS. I like the EVS because it's new, and doesn't resemble anything else too closely, so I feel it's a 'fresher' look. That could be the thing that swayed my decision if I was purchasing.

For the money, all of them are worth it IMO.
I'd rather play with a sweet high end mask and a crappy gun, than the other way around...

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Hmm yea but EVS has an issue...my brain is forgetting what the hell it is. It's something to do with the strap system easily sliding off the way it rides. I was chatting about it in Chantilly with someone.

I LOVE my grills (murrican flag baby), but the i5's I tried on...really comfortable. The ratchet system, which is basically like a hard hat almost, is a great design. Feels really comfortable on the back of the head. The only thing I didn't like is when it talked to me. That was just weird and gave me flashbacks of talking kitchen timers attached to my JT strap.

systemx

Peace through superior firepower
Jul 3, 2011
London
I have a set of Onyx/gold I got them yesterday as well as the MoS board and wireless charging mat for the M2.

I think they are a really nice set of goggles. They are clearly much higher quality than the I4's, with regards to the fit and feel personally I think they are awesome! The ratchet adjustment on the back of the strap really makes it easy to get the desired 'tightness' on the strap and it feels really secure! I have not played in them yet but will do next weekend so will be able to offer a full run down.

Downsides still no Sun peak!! That being said there are locating holes in the top of the frame...

I'll post up some pictures of them later on when I get home.

Last edited: