Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tiny leak on carbon bottle anything to worry about?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
My tank's losing about 1,000 psi a week while sat in my kit bag, obviously the leak is so slow I can't hear where it is coming from and it doesn't affect using it to play.

In this situation would you ignore it and carry on using it until retest date (end of next year)?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
i believe i'm right in saying that when the gun is actually firing it can aggravate certain leaks, so have you noticed if the tank seems to drain particularly fast when actually playing? if not then i'd just ignore it. if it is leaking worse during play then i'd recommend stripping your reg and giving it a good once over.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The leak doesn't seem any faster while playing, but then I only play pump and top it up between games out of habit so I wouldn't really notice. I'll just leave it, the fill nipple is an odd size apparently (giant air reg) so if it gets worse I might replace the whole reg with something more standard.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Personally i'd try and fix it but it isn't a hazzard, if it's leaking from the reg that won't be shown up during a hydro test as they only test the bottle. You could find out where it's leaking from by placing the reg upside down in a glass of water and see where it's coming from, could be a simple fix such as the pin valve not seated correctly which can often be sorted by pushing it in and out a couple of times,

Reactions: Canon Fodder

stooey b

May 6, 2005
Mine was from the fill nipple, was fine for a few weeks then when I went to fill it up after a game it wouldn't have it, had to completely empty it to be able to refill.
Really easy fix, once it's empty just remove the fill nipple wirh a spanner and check the small o ring, mine was totally destroyed, put a new 1 on, then blue loctite the fill nipple back in, job done

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Okay got round to sticking it in a glass of water,its coming from the out side of the fill nipple so i guess its just remove, wrap more ptfe round it and put it back in?