Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tip for newbies.

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
Don't spend a lot of money on an Angel. (One of the best guns.) Spend a reasonable amount and get a semi-good gun. Around 50-150 dollars. My friend invited me to his house and challenged me to a match, I had a pathetic blade by brass eagle. He had an Angel with nitrogen, also, he had tournament grade paintballs, the Anarchy set. I had Wal-Mart. I won. Get a good gun and practice.
The blade.
http://brasseagle.com/products/product_detail.asp?item_num=2010&cat=Markers

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Bad, bad Dogbert!!!

Shame on you! though your recommendation of a moderately priced gun and emphasis on practice and actual skills is definately right on the mark, NEVER EVER EVER advocate someone going to Wal Mart and getting something too cheap like a Stingray or Blade or crap like that.

The reason why is that someone should start out with something that is while inexpensive also is able to be competitive so that they can be capable of making moves and succeeding so they are encouraged to stay with paintball. Having a crap gun that's slow and breaks all the time is NEVER fun and would likely discourage someone if they don't feel they can hang with everyone else.

Look around, read, and use good sense.

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
I am saying that they shouldn't buy crap guns like that but telling them to get a reasonable, Spyder Compact priced gun. I am also saying no matter how good your gun is and how crappy your oppenent's is you have to have skill to win.

Ghost

Aug 5, 2001
Ohio
yo

I prefer to go to practice with my blade over my shiny new autococker. Teaches aim over how fast I can pull the trigger.

Many newbies today think that having a totally tricked out gun is going to make magic and turn them pro. I'd say...instead of tricking your gun, use that money for paint and air. Play at the local field AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. It's going to make you a much better player than wasting your money on gun and having to sit at home cuz' you are broke.

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
wise words

Quite a few people I know, newbies to paintball bought guns before they'd even played, or after the first time - you're much better off hiring a site gun and playing against other people

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Very good grasshopper, you are learning the ways of the jedi...........must get my head checked soon.:rolleyes:
:) :) :)

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Play, train, play, train

The kit is secondary to start with.

If you can't wait - wait.

Buy cheap, buy twice is my motto. I've done it and regretted it so get out and play, get some experience, try out kit until you know what you like and then buy it (save a little all this time and you can afford to play and save!!).

No £1000 gun is going to make you good. But not buying the gun you want may make you unhappy:mad:

Once you know where your going (Rec-ball, local tourneys, Millennium/NPPL or whatever) you'll know what you need.

But always rememeber -image IS everything!!!!

Mark