The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann A5 CO2 issues

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
hi
i took my new A5 out for the first time the other week and i had an unexpected issue with the marker. i filled my tank with HPA and got the marker set up. the centre insisted that i used their tanks filled with CO2. during the first 2 games the marker froze up got completely covered in frost. i know CO2 runs cold and i have heard that it can cause snow in the barrel BUT i never expected every inch of the marker to freeze. after the first 2 games i put my marker in the racks and it warmed back up a little, them ran perfectly for the rest of the day.

is this normal in any way and is there anything i can do help the marker cope with CO2 if i have to use it again

Thanx
vDunLeics

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Slow down the rate of fire when using co2, and consider the temperature at the time of day

Alternately don't play at sites that only use co2
Such sites are usually only punter orientated, and you pay the highest prices to pay

Look for the thread 'what paintball costs' and look around for other sites in your area that offer a monthly walkon etc - preferably support a local independant site, and look into events accross the country

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Always going to be a problem with CO2 unless you have your own anti syphon bottle an a good reg that can cope with CO2. Using a sites bottle it won't be anti syphon so you'll get this problem when firing fast, especially in the cold.