Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann A5 ( old style) ideas

Mrwatermonkey

Feb 10, 2014
Hey all i just wanted to post my current ideas in the works for my A5 any feed back would be nice , be as mean as you want :)

Apex 2 barrel system/ flatline
Responce trigger system
TTech cyclone feeder kit
Slimline Tippmann hopper/shotie 20 ball hopper

That's it for now , i intend to run this with a remote coil to a pack but i am a little stuck on what coil to get and the bells and shiney parts ( eye candy) mods can wait till later :) thanks for your time

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
I will just point something out quickly..........

Apex 2 - £40ish
RT Trigger - £65ish
TechT Kit - £85ish
Total - £190ish

2nd hand markers in this price range - Mini - Axe - Etha - Eteks - older Egos - or some scenario style markers - TM7 - TM15

all of which are quieter, lighter, more accurate, more efficient markers than an A5.

Just saying before you plow £500 into scopes and fake mags.....................

Reactions: Mrwatermonkey

Mrwatermonkey

Feb 10, 2014
i have to say the Invert mini looks nice and for the price .... hmm , out of the markers you mentioned if you had a spare £200 or so which would you suggest?

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Sell the A5 and make more towards it, As I keep saying the Mini is boss, the Axe is probably better as bigger than the Mini, only downside on the Mini I feel is I have a lot of straight on my right hand as I have to bend it round the bottle to grip it properly ( Very Short Gorilla reg too ) and it can get uncomfortable sometimes.

TM7 is pretty good though but never seen one for sale under £200, Needs a decent hopper too and Rip Clip just doesn't cut it with that thing.

Mrwatermonkey

Feb 10, 2014
would you say 80-100 os a fair price for the A5 ? also just a quick edit , i have seen some minis for sale online around the 160-210 mark , thing is they are from the USA , and i am not sure what the laws and such are about importing markers , is there a chance Border agency might confiscate it?

Last edited:

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
would you say 80-100 os a fair price for the A5 ? also just a quick edit , i have seen some minis for sale online around the 160-210 mark , thing is they are from the USA , and i am not sure what the laws and such are about importing markers , is there a chance Border agency might confiscate it?
No but they may charge you tax, and along with shipping could cost more. Plus, KEE have their European warehouse in Colchester, there are plenty of UK minis about. 2nd hand they regularly go for £160 or less.

If I had £200 though, Id get an AXE (I have an AXE), its everything the mini is, but 100% better. Better trigger, on/off ASA, the added length is way more comfy. Try to get one with the Empire Shockwave board though, its the latest board, or just buy after (£30 retail)

only downside on the Mini I feel is I have a lot of straight on my right hand as I have to bend it round the bottle to grip it properly ( Very Short Gorilla reg too ) and it can get uncomfortable sometimes.
Thats not a problem with the mini, your reg is just too short. Try a reg extender.

http://www.lips-paintball.com/acatalog/CP-Reg-Extender-3430.html#.UwiLq_l_vMs

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The only problem that would be had importing would be if it was considered a RIF against the vcra
Obvious for realistic looking magfeds etc, but it's in the eye of the beholder so if they didn't like the look of it then you would have to justify a vcra exemption
Should not be an issue but it has happened

The more real issue is import duty (for paintball guns it's actually import vat) so it would cost the us price in $, international post, then on arrival it gets valued and you have to pay to import so add 20% to the purchase price and about £20 to the uk courier to handle the fees for you
(But note they can reject the stated or invoiced value and use a uk valuation, so could charge the uk vat cost)

Support uk traders and buy here unless it is something special to import, but first ask a uk trader if they will import for you

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
i have to say the Invert mini looks nice and for the price .... hmm , out of the markers you mentioned if you had a spare £200 or so which would you suggest?
Ide say go for a planet eclipse marker, but im slightly bias, but the last few markers ive had are planet markers, they are for me, a much more user friendly gun than the others i mentioned, for £200 i would be looking at etek 3 and 4s, these things are bomb proof, and incredibly easy to maintain, if your not to clued up with fully stripping your maker.

They include a full set of allen keys and every oring you'll need as well as a very clear user manual, as well as a decent carry case for it all instead of a cardboard box.

Minis are good markers as well mind, ive had two and ive never had an issue with either of them, although theres guys that play at our local site, whove had nothing but trouble with them.

Buying a marker is pretty much like buying a car, if you buy one from a young lad whos banging on about all the "upgrades" hes installed, you know its more than likely been hammered, not looked after or serviced, just lots of shiney stick on bits that do nothing.

bit of further advice, 9 times out of 10 any upgrade for any gun will do next to nothing, bolts/boards/spring kits/etc etc etc, dont waste your money, once you get a marker, invest in a decent bottle with a decent reg, a decent barrel kit and your away, a hopper is a hopper , as long as it feeds at 12bps its fine, everyone will say buy a rotor, its more for show, a v35 halo etc will get you playing, and will keep up with the guys with rotors.

Reactions: Mrwatermonkey

Mrwatermonkey

Feb 10, 2014
thanks for all the info guys :) i am going to weigh up the pros and cons and such and see what is best suited for me as i need a few weeks to save up some dosh :p also need new mask and air system to >.> grrr

Also i have been offered £60 by a potenchal buyer for the tippmann , do you think its a ok price to sell one at or to low?

Last edited: