Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann A5 or BT TM 15? starting gun for woodsball scenario

tezza

Jul 20, 2014
walsall
Hey guys im getting my first paintball marker this weekend, i was originally going to get the A5 Tippmann as ive heard its one of the best to start with because of its catalogue of upgradable features and its around the right price for me to start with to make sure i really do get into paintball.( dont wanna waste too much money).

BUT....ive recently had a nice little win in the bookies so i could move up a braket to the BT TM 15 and ive heard great things about it plus you dont really have to make any changes to it from what i hear?

I know this is a personal choicereally but i just need abit of feedback off players that have used both of these markers ? please

Cheers Tezza

Rocket_Rob

Banned
Feb 14, 2012
Cambridge
universal-exports-pb.com
I have had them both, the TM-15 is a better all rounder but it is electric and needs an external hooper so factor that into your costing.
An A5 is simple and rugged very easy to upgrade, however it is Air hungry as it beeds air to turn the cyclone feed hopper. Also to the first upgrade will be an electronic trigger which will defete the objective of not getting the TM-15.

The A5 will never break and Tippman offer great after market servicing a lot of the replacement parts are free of very cheap. You wil find yourslf outgunned with an A5 as they are as basic is it gets. The A5 electronic Trigger upgrade is messing and difficult to change the battery but it does make the marker much more usable against mid level markers

The TM-15 is an all electic marker it used an 9V battery in the magazine, its realy simple to change. it also as space for a spare to you can change it mid battle. I find it lasts for 2-3 big games depending on use.
The TM-15 is also a lot lighter and more acurate and a LOT LOT quieter than the A5.
The only disadvantage is you need to buy a hooper aswell and the A5 its all built in.

Last edited by a moderator:

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
@Rocket_Rob I have removed your description of the markers you wish to sell as this is not the classifieds section.
Please create a thread and post in the classifieds if you wish to sell items.
Thank you.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Look around.
Both are good guns and rob has covered them well

I'm not so inclined to upgrade an a5s trigger etc. Use the a5 for what it is - a very reliable mechanical gun
Put the upgrade money elsewhere

Consider other guns that don't have to look like a real gun, pick one up and get the feel of it

tezza

Jul 20, 2014
walsall
Thanks rob i think ive made my mind up tbh, im gonna get the A5 as im new to it all and i just really need a marker i can trust then if i still like it 12 months down the line ill get myself an etek :p thanks guys as always your a great help (y).

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I'm not sure that the idea of buying a basic marker because you're new is a good one - all it means is you'll be new AND outgunned!
If you can affort it, go for the Etek now, better marker than either of those mentioned, and you can get the Etek 3 for about £200 (the 1 and 2 are about £80 less secondhand!)

Rocket_Rob

Banned
Feb 14, 2012
Cambridge
universal-exports-pb.com
Since you are going down the A5 route, look at the e-triiger upgrade first before you inprove the 'look' of it. RAP4 do some amazing add on kits to make it look like a real weapon.

As for the ban hamer i forgot that you were bulied at school. But im unsure if i can mention any company that sells anything ever anywere in the world. so i bet this post will be removed as i mentioned RAP4. MacDonalds, Burger King, Subway

tezza

Jul 20, 2014
walsall
I'm not sure that the idea of buying a basic marker because you're new is a good one - all it means is you'll be new AND outgunned!
If you can affort it, go for the Etek now, better marker than either of those mentioned, and you can get the Etek 3 for about £200 (the 1 and 2 are about £80 less secondhand!)
yea Kev, its just that i dont really wanna depart myself with that mch cash to start with, basically i just wanna make sure that im really into paintball befor i start spending alot of dolla like :),

And thanks for the info Rob, I have actually seen a Rap 4 Tactical barrel will this have any actual benifits i.e distance, accuracy ect.?

And you were selling somthing ? lol

tezza

Jul 20, 2014
walsall
"And you were selling somthing ? lol"

Only my soul!
LMFAO!! samshed it pal ahaha, also im getting my first marker this weekend im buying it from bassestts pole standerd site, but do you think id get alot more for my money if i got it from paintfest ? im stuck and i just wanna get the most for my money ?