Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann X7 cyclone not turning issue

cmh1990

Feb 23, 2013
Hi guys I have an tippmann x7 with a cyclone feed with vortex upgraded has always worked fine but last week during a game i noticed it wasn't feeding correctly when home I checked it over and the paddles aren't turning when I fire they turn when manually clicked but just aren't spinning when firing any one had a similar problem or know what's up with it? Any help would be great :) thanks

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Hose or air fitting blocked? Any air coming out the cyclone feeder when shooting like in the cylinder etc

cmh1990

Feb 23, 2013
Have striped the small hose off and airs defiantly come from the mark and hose seems clear hard to tell if the little connector nozzle bits are clear tho :/

cmh1990

Feb 23, 2013
To update the hose and nozzles are clear so has to be something in the cyclone it's self :/

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Leave hose on gun undo screw on the cylinder where the hose goes into the cyclone and fire if air comes through then its not
Blocked.

Check the seal on the piston inside If air is coming through.

Take cover off bottom and make sure it's all clean and lubed right and so on.

Also dunno what the internals are like on an x7
But on the phenom inside the internals if orings have failed etc it won't work properly either

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
Check that the hole in the middle of the paddles hasn't been rounded. My sierra had the same problem as it destroyed the inside of the paddles so it wouldn't turn. Went back to standard paddles and it worked.

Take the base plate off and check that the internals are cycling correctly and that noting has bent out of place or catching on anything.

Do as the guy above says as they are the other potential problems. Failing that contact the tippmann techs.

alexander001

Sep 19, 2012
You might not have the same fault but early X7's came with a hose fitting that didn't let enough air through causing the cyclone to hault.

This happened with mine and in the middle of a game it just stopped.

If you can't find any other problems then it might be worth getting another air fitting like the one below that maximizes the air going to the cyclone, i did it to mine and hasn't played up since.