The Home Of European Paintball

Tips about the snake....?

eastie

SoManc. Live Forever.
Apr 13, 2006
SoManc
www.myspace.com
Orite guys!

I don't normally go in the snake as im normally just running for the 50 most of the time, so im not the most knowleged about going into the snake. Any advise?
i.e:
getting in,
when and where to pop up
etc etc

Cheers guys!

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
once you get in there dont stick your arse in the air or it WILL get shot!!!!

dont keep popping up in the same spot or there will be a line of paint waiting for you next time.

the back corner guy that is shooting the lane is the one to watch out for, he is most likely to hit you while you are looking infield. your back guys should be watching him like a hawk.

LISTEN to your back guys, a snake man is useless without a good back player shooting the tape and talking to him

dont waste time.....if you see a shot take it straight away and get back in cover, dont waste time waiting to see if the paint hit, let the ref worry about that.

remember you are there to do 2 jobs......shoot fools and distract the ones you cant hit....just coz you dont have a good shot doesnt meen you are doing no good.....4 guns on you meens only 3 on the rest of your team.

if the snake crosses the 50, i like to get as far down as i can then look back infield and shoot arses hanging out of bunkers.

and number 1 rule of a snake man or any front player......you are there to do damage....but you are expendable, dont expect to live in there if the heat is on....do some damage before you get shot, mug their snake guy, shoot out their centre. remember if you take 2 of them and then get shot, your team is up on numbers.

Speedyg4LS

NSPL FACTORY
Sep 25, 2003
S. Wales
on major thing about playing the snake is (for a tourney that is), make sure that you have walked it, there is no point paying all ur cash on a tourney and turnin up 10 mins before first game without having walked the fields, the snakes especially are bunkers that need alot of work, because as with any bunker, different points along it show different shots, so take your time when walking it and look at every possibiltiy.

My two cents

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
Yea exactly as speedy said, if you know exactly where all the bunkers are in relation to your position in the snake, then you will find it a much easier job when it comes to the game.

Do however try an get as far down the snake as u can, this does depend on the snake itself, as often you wont be able to get past the 50 of it, however if there is a large enough opposing 40 bunker on it, get into that. The angles will be easier, you will have more asses hanging out for u to shoot!

However do remember to play it tight, dont start hangin ur ass out to get a better angle if uve got a back guy on u, u will get shot, as a player in the snake attracts a LOT of attention!

ChiZZerS

its handy to get the back player out that is on your side
either by getting him yourself or getting a back player ot let you know.

i like to get as far up the snake as possible even going into the other hlaf
on the oppsitos 40, you can get some good angles to kill from there and you can cause problems for the other team, you act liek a distraction alowing your team mates to moove or do whatever

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
I find when making a run for the snake sometimes its best to run infield laning tape side of your mirror bunker then to run outwards straight across the field so your running across the lanes as apposed to into them, this gives you a better chance of running through the paint if its there, it also means any runners who were laning have hit thier bunkers and may not be firing while you make the snake run because of your delay, it also means you have another effective gun shooting off the break, running forwards and gunning in the direction your going is a little more effective than trying to shoot a lane that your running paralel to and you have the added security of your primary giving you some protection. obviously this tactic depends entirely on how the bunkers lie and where you expect most of the lanes to be, but if theyr in the right places i've found this to be very effective, your main worry is the centre players, so look out for fields that dont have clear lanes from the centre to the snake side of the field.

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
The nike spikes at the bottom of that link is what i have and they are have made me so much faster,