Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

tips for a back

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
alot of being a back player is knowing your forward players on your team, if you can build up trust and awareness together you will soon find that you know the next move your team mate will do so you can lay some paint down and help him manouver.
Yeh yeh, she a gravedigger, she ain't nothin' but a gravedigger.

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Back man

Shooting off the break while running to the bunker... if noones shooting back at me i wont dive into my bunker, I'll stand by my bunker and pin who ever i can see down so my front guys can push up off the break. If somes gunning for me though ill get in.

You should only really be shooting the tape and not in feild, which is what your front guy should be doing. Occassionally you need to check to see whats happening, but if the teams communication is good a sneaky peak is enough. Talking about communication, most of the time your front guys will have their heads down so they rely on you to be telling where the enemy is, When im playing i dont stop shouting till its over. Its also your responsibility to tell your players when its safe to bump up as again they cant see skwat..

if your front man goes down its your choice wheather you fill his spot or just hold your ground where you are. Depeneds on how many people are left on the feild...

As Keendean said good thing to be able to do is lane onto a bunker keeping 1 or 2 people in and check the feild, but dont take too long..
And Chairman also right, your probably at some point in a game going to have to finish a 1 0n 1 or worse if this is the case your got to know how to shoot on the run and also play snake and every other position on the field.
Hope that helps..

Hawkins

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Dead easy this one just be the rootenest tootenest gun slinger on the field. :)

Forget about running and concentrating on obliterating fools off the break.

Forget about your tpe as you should have hit them off the break if they got there you stink, easy.

So this leaves you with an easy amble upfield to kill everyone else

or is this just me?

booga

Arthritic Pirate
Learn to control the tape without using a solid stream of paint, 9 pots and a hopper will only last you about 2 - 3 mins shooting 12 bps.
Learn to load one handed, whichever hand you are shooting with, there's no point shooting ropes down the tape for 10-15 seconds then leaving it un-covered for 5 seconds while you pot up.
Never get dominated, if you get pushed in watch where the line of paint is coming and come out above/below it or, call on your mid/front player to help you regain control.
If you feel the need to shoot infield (ie without direct command form either your coach in X format or your back centre) make sure you have control of the line and wrap infield briefly, shoot your string and return to the line. This way you do not lose sight of the line so there won't be any nasty surprises waiting for you.
In all of these situations you need to be communicating with your front man, telling him what is going on down the tape and telling him when he is clear to bump up and feeding through information/orders from your back centre/coach.
Lastly, don't get 'shot cheap' and don't say you got hit by a 'stray ball' if you just stuck your face out into two lines of paint, people hate that;)

OddJob

Photographer
Oct 28, 2004
North Essex
You are the eyes and mouth of your team for a large amount of the time, passing information around as well as keeping people in their bunkers/stopping people making key midfield bunkers/snake.

Also, don't be afraid of making a move when you spot a open area or side as more often than not you've got one of the best views going. Push up and do some damage when the time is right, closing the game down by running up one side when it's open.

Watch some games on the net of the pros doing it and think 'why did they do that' and you'll come to your answer.

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
Keep talking! You will often be the last player left, but the other team wont always be aware of that fact.Keep the talking going even when its just you left!Yes I know it sounds silly but I have seen it work.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
quesiton :

If you are laning what are you wanting to shoot at, the other teams backs or the other teams forwards, i eman wahts the priority to keep pinned? :confused:

well you would try and pin their backs to stop them pinning you so your fronts can move up.

please correct me if im wrong.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
If your laning then you are putting paint onto a particular spot that you feel people will need to cross to get to an important bunker. For example you would lane the gap to the snake to stop the oppositions player from entering it from the break. Once laning after the break your are doing the same thing essentially you are using it to stop people from moving to important barricades thus controlling the field.