Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tips for Front Mid

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
firstly you want to get far up the field prob a 50 off the break and then you wnat to get there shoot fools and know you nearest mugging. shoot people more stay tight shoot some more people ask back players for cover when you do your mad bunkering run.

safe fool

oh yeah be aggresive as much as you can be

kyle

L J

big big titties
i did, its advice, i saw a front player at this m25 go for an easy bunkering, but his back player didnt here him, so while getting up he tripped on a bunker peg (not back playersa fault) then basically tripped/stumbled to this guys bunker, while dodging paintballs in which by the time this happend, the guy about to be bunkered new...and shot him, so it is actually good advice for a player

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
I think the most important aspect of playing front is having quick reactions and being able to play as tight as possible. I guess both those aspects are applicable to all positions, but playing front your generally in a smaller bunker and alot closer to the other team.

You don't have to make those huge breaks straight to the fifty. If you break out with the back guys mowing your gun, you'll often be able to gain alot of real-estate when the other teams back guys drop there guns and start running to there bunkers. The difficulty is when playing against strong back players who don't drop there gun during the breakout. In which case you had better be greasy fast moving up the field:D

Listen to the people around you, team mates and opposition if possible.

Wear knee/shin pads and elbow/forearm pads, diving head first over snakes and small bunkers can be quite painful otherwise.

My own golden rule, keep pushing forward. Don't sit there like a sucker letting the other team take all the angles, you have to be aggressive.

Hope it helps

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Xposed
Show me someone who can run as fast sweetspotting (accurately) as they can just tring to get to the center 50 without shooting :confused:
Hmm.......Dynasty, Ironmen, Miami Effect............want more?

Something tells me thatyou didnt see any of these teams play Toulouse;)

Sam:)

Xposed

Originally posted by sjt19
Hmm.......Dynasty, Ironmen, Miami Effect............want more?

Something tells me thatyou didnt see any of these teams play Toulouse;)

Sam:)
I see DYnasty and Ironmen play all the time (especially during practices here in Cali). Every so often Miami Effect during their Xball practices too...Granted I know they are on the extreme end of the spectrum and they have the crazy skills to run fast and accurately sweetspot..but I still have my reservations (as well as many people I have talked to over the years). I like to believe I'm good at running and sweetspotting (been practicing it for years). However I cannot run the same speed sweetspotting as I can just sprinting. Then again..I don't have the great skills as those on Dynasty etc.

BUT...

I mean really..how is that possible? They require two different forms of running. If you take an expert in this field (discussion above) and say hypothetically line him up with a duplicate of himself..that when the whistle blows..both will end up at the 50 at the exact same time with one of them ACCURATELY sweetspotting a target?

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Originally posted by Xposed
BUT...

I mean really..how is that possible? They require two different forms of running. If you take an expert in this field (discussion above) and say hypothetically line him up with a duplicate of himself..that when the whistle blows..both will end up at the 50 at the exact same time with one of them ACCURATELY sweetspotting a target?
Agreed, the guy sweetspotting isn't going to be as fast as the guy who is going full tilt. However I would say that the guy sweetspotting is fast enough. Regardless of how fast the player is he's never going to outrun the paintballs, sprinting or not. So I guess it comes down to picking the right running lane.