Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tips For New Front Player??

jamiekerr

Apr 7, 2008
Hi all, Im just getting into Tournement paintball in UK. I am going to a few training sessions with a team Which im going to join. Is there any good tips/Websites that can help new Frontplayers.. Things to watch for... to do... ect..
Yes I know best way is to play, But that's not the kindof answer im looking for thanks...;)

Reactions: Mason Dann

jamiekerr

Apr 7, 2008
Haha Thanks Lump! Apart from the obvious!! lol... Never thought of that one.. Thought your meant to run around distracting the oppostion?

jamiekerr

Apr 7, 2008
OMG, What is it with the Incredably Intelligent Answers!!! haha Guys... less of the OTT.... Someone needs a break..........-Have a Kit Kat! lol

jamiekerr

Apr 7, 2008
Yea got and watched Dynasty 2 not the other though.. Are there any decent web links or so??

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Personally i dont play as a front player but i can tell you what to watch for and what screws back players up, so maybe this is a little bit of a help.....

Keep VERY low, back players tend to shoot lanes and pin barricades, so keep low as possible as it could be a back is pinning a barricade of another back player and his paint is far to high to hit you. Likewise keeping low, everyone tends to aim towards the top half of the body as this is bigger target area, if your like a chimp on all 4s then good on ya lol!!

Listen to your back players!!!!!..... The back players can see the whole field and shud know where your ideal place on the field is, so listen to what they are shouting even if its not directed at you to follow up on ie they are communicating between themselves and shouting positions of guys for mids etc to pin down and lane, this will help with knowing which side is weaker or what your best chances of a good mug is.

Be a hero but dont be stupid.... fact is the front players look like the heros when it comes to mug runs and what looks good in paintball. To be fair this is what i would would say is 1/4 skill, 1/4 experience and 1/2 luck! This is the part that i really have no idea about and is best explained by a forward which i dowt people will talk about and only really comes with watching and playing the game lol!!

Follow the game plan.... ok yeh the game usually revolves around shooting people out, this is a forwards job, a back players job is to pin them in the barricade and maybe get lucky, so you are able to obtain this goal, back players usually know exactly where the best mug will be and can see when (comes back to the communication part), follow the leed of the back player and make a signal as a team for the front player to make the move, watch or listen to a barricade to be rattled to bits - the guy will pretty much be pinned, then make the move, this is all game planning so make your plan and tell your team where you would expect to take people out and how you might intend doing it. It helps your team support you in your goal.

Lastly... follow your instincts, if you think you can make then dont bother unless you are confided the rest of your team will cope without you or can follow up. If you know you can and your confident, even if its just to trade for good positioning for the rest of your team then dont think just do!

1 major thing to remember (and dont take offense) DONT BE AFRAID TO BE SHOT!! Loads of good forwards hesitate and drop there arse because of this, simple answer is... you know it only stings for a second or 2 if that its not a matter of life and death so dont be scared lol!

If i was sober then i could probs get carried away and post loads more and ramble on, but truth of it is the best and only way to learn is by doing :D

jamiekerr

Apr 7, 2008
Thanks, Alot that Really Helped!! Yea it all maskes sense, especially about instincts part. Thanks Alot JK