Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

tips on improving my game please

matty1

big daddy
Aug 31, 2004
manchester masive
Visit site
I need some tips to help me play a better game i can put loads of paint down but it dosnt hit anyone and i seem to get hit in the hands, marker and head a lot. any help is welcome and i am gratefull for

thanks matty

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
At least you are getting shot in appropriate parts. Two thoughts occur to me.

1. Learn to read paint coming in.

This can be fun. Get a teammate. Stand about 25-30 meters apart. You want there to be nothing between the two of you. You don't need a marker. He shoots at you once. You try to dodge. Let himn repeat this 5 times. Then, get your gun, let him put his down. Wash, rinse, repeat. You can be a ninja.

The kids I used to play with call it the orange game. This is great because at NPPL events they give away oranges that I could through at the back of their heads.:)

2. Make sure you aren't broadcasting by sticking you knee or foot or something out first, before your gun and face emerge. Your teammates can tell you about that iif you play against them. Learning to gel while playing some other team is good, but you have to play against players who will tell you everything you need to hear, sometimes, as well.

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
PROFILE!!!!

its all about profile u gotta keep as tight as possible best way to have a look in the mirror and pretent that 1 side is the side of the bunker, but like you sed if you are getting shot in the hands thats okay cus that is what is always gonna be exposed, just dont trade with people its 50/50 if you trade just dont be predictable come up high come up low etc and try thinking what you wud do in his situation to shoot you and you can second guess him/her.

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
When im behind a bunker, im acutaly humping it.. if you watch me snap shot u will see that im apart of the bunker. 90% of the time i dont get shot behind my bunker its normaly a mugging.

misnblu

Get the Dynasty Dysected DVD.
This DVD will tell you all the you need to know about the game of paintball.
Personal skills are involved, team skills, reading and walking the field is on this great DVD.
The drills they use are awesome and have taught our team more in watching this DVD than just going and doing our own thing.
It's a great teaching tool and is a must for anyone that wants to improve their individual skills as well as team skills.
Good luck.
Misnblu

Super Fly

yeeeeah!
Nov 8, 2004
www.superflytv.com
Originally posted by Myth
When im behind a bunker, im acutaly humping it.. if you watch me snap shot u will see that im apart of the bunker. 90% of the time i dont get shot behind my bunker its normaly a mugging.
u dont have to be hugging your bunker at all!!

some players can play bunkers very well by taking two steps backwoods, using blind spots and angles to protect you and in return u can do uber damage!

b4 playing a bunker take a look and see what angles u got and see if you ahve to play tight like a tyger or if u can afford to take a step backwards for your advantage

Pureball

NSPL Ref
Oct 10, 2004
Devon, UK
Visit site
never use the same pattern twice against the same team.

always keep tight up against your bunker. im a big guy but on my first tournament i ONLY got shot on the mask and hopper. but that was my stupidly timed runs now and again.

also, NEVER HESITATE ABOUT A MOVE. if you see a move, take it!!! i got picked for my team after the second game because i saw an opportunity to sprint round their back tea-bag, and then proceeded to very casualy walk about and mug 4 players!. just sprint for it and slide EARLY. if your under fire at the time, the slide can make the difference between getting hit or not.

also never look out the bunker the same way about 3 times. i only got hit in the mask for constantly peeking out the same way on a bunker. i completely screwed a player over ny popping up over the bunker, therefore breaking my pattern up. one shot and he was out. then you can laugh lol.

oh and also tell your team mates that may be in the same bunker that youre making a move. best to let them know so they can have the opportunity to take your place/position. can be weird when you have a guy next to you, pop up and take a few shots, look back again and hes gone!!

but generally variation is the key mate. good luck.

regards
Matt