Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

tips on tippmann

simon joy

Dec 10, 2013
Ive been a marshall at my local site for a while now. we have the 98 and bravos as our markers. they are ok (miles better than the infernos we had a few years ago) but im looking at getting something better for myself, so I can go to walk-ons instead of playing with stag parties and school kids.Has anyone got any tips ?

simon joy

Dec 10, 2013
ideally couple hundred. it worth saving for the phenom though? I like the idea of the cyclone but otherwise ok on hopper as can make do with pinching one from site for a bit. same with co2 bottle till got more dosh (I lost my new marker savings in a house fire so having to start again)

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
a site standard hopper is pretty pointless mate. depending if you want new or second hand i would recommend a bt TM15 over the phenom. i got both and my phenom is unused now think it only got 8000 shots if that through it, 3 times used then i changed over to TM15 far superior performance and id never change back.

if your looking at co2 then phenom, but air is more commonly used and only used if you attend more events unless im mistaken

simon joy

Dec 10, 2013
I was only gonna use a site hopper till can afford a decent one. As for gas thats another reason I liked the phenom as can use air and co2. co2 for site games and air for events. Would you be interested in me wiping the dust off your phenom reaper? I was told from an old boss that bts werent as rugged and reliable as tippmann, or that changed since his day?

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
I disagree but it depends on which marker really. All the bt4 and low end tipmann are avout the same. Phenom is more solid and heavy yea but a tm15 is quite a warhorse itself, I also don't consider them
More reliable from my experience they are a pain in the arse where as bt is very simple

Yeah I would consider parting with it but post etc wont be cheap mate. Prob worth looking round the forum for a Bargin first, everything I sell is pretty much mint but it means my stuff is never gonna be the cheapest either, you also need a higher post count to buy and sell here mate.

DCP DAN

Sep 16, 2012
dudley
first time posting here, between the phenom and the TM, there's nothing, they are both tippmanns and empires flagship woodsball marker. ive got both and theyre just as good but its always good that after a full day playing if the battery goes, you havent got to see if anyones got a battery - switch it to mechanical. the tm you have to skimp around trying to find a spare of nipping down the road for a battery.

as for reliability, theres nothing between them. both as reliable in my opinion
tm i think is more accurate
stick an apex on the tm and it will outshoot as far as range is concerned
also the rip clip is awesome

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Haha yeah that's what I do too. Havin no battery in game isn't the markers fault if you keep what ya need then its no issue