Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

To all site marshalls.......

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
.......what do you do when a goober, sorry, customer attempts to fly kick you for telling him to put his mask on. bear in mind its the last game so simply excluding them has no real effect.

Hp

L J

big big titties
well they have never acually tried to hurt me...but just give them examples of what would happen...say like..oh ok....lets see what you hav to say when u have one eye as these things go at 200mph and u have seen what sort of bruises they make so go figure when its on an eye....stuff like that:)

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
i mean in a controlled professional style.
the second you retaliate like that you lose your authority and your just as bad as him.
i mean how far does reasonable force go, and more importantly what action can be taken. we put ourselves out to look after these people, and if their own ignorance and general gooberness leads them to injury they can still successfully sue you.

Hp

LJ, we explicitly warn people of the dangers in the safety briefing.
i guess goobers will be goobers

L J

big big titties
yeah i can...cos ive never had a punter that has said f*ck off to me before reagarding gogles cos in the safety brief in the morning we show them what paintball have done to hoppers etc and ask them to imagine what it would do to your eye, ive only ever nearly seen one fight where a guy was constantly wiping and one of the other team got pissed off, but i werent marshalling that game....

Leper

Jolt
Oct 2, 2001
Bucks
www.kwidgybo.co.uk
Aaaah, adrenaline fueled conflicts, aren't they great?

I personally think that at the begining of each day, a hard boiled egg should be shot from about 20-30 feet away. I saw a picture of that once, I think from pbreview, and it scared the bejeebus out of me. For some reason, people dont seem to grasp the danger involved. My boss even tells them that the paintball will go through their eyes and into the backs of their skulls (which I take to be bollocks but its still a grisly mental image).

As for controlling punters, it really depends on the situation. If there's paint flying thick and fast, you've got to be physical and get him on the ground asap. I can appreciate the need for professionalism but trying to reason with a punter when every second could bring on disaster just isn't going to work.

whitecross

ooooohh! stars
Apr 21, 2003
basel switzerland
Visit site
i am not ,repeat not defending removing goggles, but at some sites they supply cheap goggles which fog real easy and i think they should coff up the extra couple of quid for thermals so that goobers are not even tempted to remove goggles to wipe them clean. this i see so often.