Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

To all site marshalls.......

binz

Dec 19, 2001
isle of man
www.brewerypaintball.com
the way we do it is,first person to lift gets a warning, then the next person who does it gets 1 4 1 with the nearest person(let them explain to them why they're not playing in the game any more)IF some one else does it then they get 1 4 2 and so on,they get told this at the start of the day and it seem to work.
also shooting the hell out of an orange on a stick seem to help as well, BIG TIME!
luckily we've only had to take one punter of the site for over kill at very close quarter,but he kept doing it after he was warned.
i find that taking them down to with a nice orthorative voice works as long as they now you've got back up they soon back down

TyroneD.Ni

Jul 15, 2002
N.Ireland
Visit site
Would just go over ram it on him and tell him straight if he tried to fight back or take it off again i would stop the game!! and have seriouse words with the organiser and himself. I dont get it though its not hard and the mask's are fine so what if it fogs! least u dont lose a eye!.
Allways good to tell them straight befor hand!! i know every site does it but basicaly scream it to them!.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
You need a practiced "safety warning" response that covers you if you need to get physical and should be a deterent.
E.g. (and I've used this twice when threatened.never had to lift a finger). If someone is threatening you physically, then it's not paintball anymore.

"if you hit me I won't do anything.that's assault. Hit me again, and that's aggravated assault, I'll let you get as far as GBH with all of these witnesses, then I'll break your knee........give you something to take your mind of the court case while your in the ambulance. So which knee don't you need?"

Usually results in a quiet back-down, if not then make good on your word, but go for a dislocated elbow while he's watching for you kicking him.

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
may i just say something,
many of you lot have aid that if the guy/gal lifts their mask and they get blinded than its their own fault.
but lets just take an example of something that was in the news a while ago.
okay a old pensionar shot a bloke with a shot gun because he was breaking into his house.
the bloke who got shot got right to sue the pensionar.
now wasnt it the burgulars fault??
well its the same for sites it maybe the punters fault but they may still get rights to sue.

it just shows that the law isnt always right and just.

and also the guy/gal may not get rights to sue but than again he might.
so really i belive (being only 14 and applaying for a job as a field marshall)
that talking is the ebst way to go, but sometimes the guy/gal just wojt listen and the only way he can get the message is a good ole thrashing ( with reasonable force) but whatever you do do not loose your rag and throw a punch just cuz you lost it. thats the worst thing you can do.
being a boxer i can faster than most with my hands but not very big. so you can run and round a tree wait with a big stick and wack hios god damn legs to pices if the ppkl dont listen.

it may be the punters fault but sometimes the law and ppl dont seem to see it that way.

it is a sad fact of life that ppl are so god damn selfish and ignorant.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Legally, you are always entitled to your own self-defence, if you are assaulted you are entitled to defend yourself with reasonable force. You only come a cropper when you make statements like "he deserved it", " I wasn't having that" or "I'm sick of this sort of thing happening, so I tw@tted him"........stick with " I was scared for my own safety" and you are OK.

As for what is reasonable force? anything that you can justify.....so no, shotgunning a burglar as he runs away is not, shooting him as he comes at you with a screwdriver would be.
And as for punching someone, I'm a boxer etc... it's asking for it. Defence is a whole lot easier with a grappling/hold technique. Just watch total fighting etc.... no boxers there, most champions are shoot-fighters (tai-kwon-do to Judo once close enough).

If you are genuinely worried about being assaulted by a punter, you need to talk to your boss, maybe look into an adequate form of self-defence..if it happens often, maybe buy in some training.
(I instruct physical intervention, but the cost for my courses would be unworkable for a paintball site. but their are others out there, mine is fully insured and the company will send expert witnesses to back you should legal action occur).

And as for whose fault a mask lift is..... you just need to prove negligence to take legal action, and we all know what disclaimers are really worth. All it takes is "well the marshalls lifted their masks", "my elastic was loose" or " Well I didn't hear them say that" and it's sh!t creek......... this is why site insurance is so high.
If someone is blinded on a site, the site may be clear and free with the HSE, but the punter will definately sue, and most likely win.

Oh, and how many times do you have players on site who haven't filled in a disclaimer at all? in the rush to kit up 30 players maybe? or a late show who arrives as the game starts?

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
i think uve got me all wrong here m8.

the boxer bit was just to say that pinning someone to the ground is not an option for me cuz of my weight.
and i used to do alittle ttai-kwon-do but the cost and travel was to much.
i also do abit of judo in pe and i found that most of the moves to be donel, had to be really puttign ur weight into them and usuing it to ur advantage.

all im saying is the law is not always right.
if you are right than its a really pain trying to prove that u are right as the defendant.

correct me if im wrong, cuz im not law expert or anything of that sort, but u sometimes just have to let it go, or use everything to ur advantage, speed whatever.
now im not saying get into a fight with someone just to get into a fight.
but i gree with the bloke a few post above.
you have to show ur authority from the start otherwise they will take u for a ride.

i thing many of you will agree that this is not a "straight cut" topic and its all down to the situation, person and the rest of it.

Scotty D

Too serious by half
Feb 2, 2002
Kinross. Scotland
Visit site
Keep a supply of Cream Eggs on the site.
I've found that shooting one of those from close range is usually a good example of what will happen to their eye without a mask.

Failing that shoot the moron in the happy sack from close range then he'll just lie on the ground sobbing.