Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

To practise for the breakout

Xmini-ballerX

London Tigers & Team GB
Nov 15, 2008
i have found a extreamlly effective way to practise the breakout (shooting) set up ure gat with the tank,hopper,paintballs ,barrel. attach a laser pen to the end of the barrel and aim for a spot on the wall and try to get the laser on the target on the wall,easy. post ure thoughts

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
Im not entirely sure this would work as there arent really any walls on a paintball field.

A more hands on aproach i find is always the best way to do something.

So my advice would be to lose the lazer pen and replqce it with paint in your loader and air in your tank

Leezo

Official Planet Eclipse Tech
Aug 21, 2007
Leadgate
It's not a bad idea though. At least by practicing the move he will get muscle memory and he may not have dosh to buy paint all the time. It's not the best but a very cheap alternative.

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
I have my guys practice the first 3 seconds. So they get in to position, get their 10 seconds and Game On, then swing up and fire until they've taken two steps. Practices the muscle memory and saves on paint.

When we are feeling a bit more free with our paint though we'll do full 10 seconds, with an emphasis on accuracy to ensure that we are coming up and firing in the right place to take bodies off the break. Its improved our breakouts dramatically.

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
I use a laser pen on the barrel for back garden running an gunning practice, keep the dot in the same place as you run backwards and forwards, definately helps to get a stable shooting platform and its training you can do for free without air or paint, and without upsetting the neighbours!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
i have found a extreamlly effective way to practise the breakout (shooting) set up ure gat with the tank,hopper,paintballs ,barrel. attach a laser pen to the end of the barrel and aim for a spot on the wall and try to get the laser on the target on the wall,easy. post ure thoughts

I'm not so sure this laser thingy is any good but I tell ya one thing, most people practice the breakout routine but don't reduce the breakout into its component parts.
When I was coaching Nexus in the first few years, we used to just practice spinning and firing .... not moving anywhere ....why?

Well, it's because the act of spinning is in itself something to be practiced and refined.
You have to spin fast, and spin in such a way as to optimise the chances of getting your marker accurately positioned to rain paint down on the chumps at the other end of the field.
Think of this as being like the old cowboy fast draw situation and this would then underpin this part of training, you gotta be fast and accurate (or you die) ....after you all train this, you can then graft onto that, the secondary disciplines of running-gunning and just sprinting to your primary cover point.

You have to look at the sport of paintball and identify its components, once done, you just have to train and refine them in the right way before you then go about re-integrating them.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Think of this as being like the old cowboy fast draw situation and this would then underpin this part of training, you gotta be fast and accurate (or you die) ....after you all train this, you can then graft onto that, the secondary disciplines of running-gunning and just sprinting to your primary cover point.
We do something similar with our reball sessions: 2 guys at either end of the gym, using the wall as the start gate, 10 second call, then they spin and shoot 1 shot without taking a step. Whoever gets hit first steps out for the next guy. If noone gets hit, you both take a step forwards because you suck and deserve to feel more pain:p. Can be done across the field with paint too. Running and gunning is hard to do in a small gym though (too close to tell if you're really accurate or just lucky). What do people do to train that?

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
I'm not so sure this laser thingy is any good but I tell ya one thing, most people practice the breakout routine but don't reduce the breakout into its component parts.
When I was coaching Nexus in the first few years, we used to just practice spinning and firing .... not moving anywhere ....why?

Well, it's because the act of spinning is in itself something to be practiced and refined.
You have to spin fast, and spin in such a way as to optimise the chances of getting your marker accurately positioned to rain paint down on the chumps at the other end of the field.

You have to look at the sport of paintball and identify its components, once done, you just have to train and refine them in the right way before you then go about re-integrating them.
Nicky T has a great way of teaching this in his training clinics, defiantly something i would recommend to people! :D