The Home Of European Paintball

Todd martinez cut from Dynasty

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
Quote from Mike:

I just got off the phone with Todd Martinez, today he was cut from Dynasty.

His words were both respectful and simple, he basically told me over the phone "I wanted to throw you a guys some news because you've always taken care of me, today I was cut from Dynasty."
:(

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Todds a great guy always got a smile on his face - sad day :(

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
The original Dynasty died a long time ago for me, when they started to market themselves as a product as opposed to concentrating on being a great paintball team.

Once Ollie went it was only a matter of time.

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
Yeah but to be honest its pretty ridiculuxe... to be honest its got me a little bit luxed off...... I mean what the luxe were they thinking - he makes gingers cool ;)

such a vitimin d grade decision that is!

........... sorry couldnt resist

But yes Dusty at least when Lang went they had a good personality on there (Todd), now not so sure.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Todd was a controversial character to say the least.
He tended to invite attention on himself either thru haircuts that made the 16 year old Michael Jackson look conservative or thru his behaviour that at times, bordered on the reckless.

I always got on OK with Todd and the people that tended to ridicule or criticise him were the the people who tended to judge him at face value.

When I first knew of Todd, over 10 years back, I hated his guts and wanted to disembowel him, which I nearly did in Portugal one time.
But luckily, we got past that cr@p and got to know each other a little better.
I didn't know him really well but I did see underneath his facade and something that cannot be denied is his brilliance at playing this game of paintball ...he was a truly great player and an outstanding character.
I think it's safe to say, Todd was a natural, born to play just like Ollie, Alex and Ryan and when you watched them, it was like watching few other players as the slid thru games as if they were on ice.

As for Dynasty?
They lost their mythical status when Ollie Left which I think, in a sense, is disrespectful to the other players [Dusty nailed it for me]

It's just that when Ollie left, so did a huge part of their soul, and no matter how hard Alex and Ryan and the rest of those guys tried, Ollie just couldn't be replaced, no matter how hard the team's heart pumped.

Todd Martinez, was, and is, a great player and I hope that is what he's remembered for.