Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TonTons and Dye break up

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Wow indeed. Opens up a pretty large gun deal for a well known team. Wonder who will step in, Bob? MacDev (with the legion tie in already), maybe PE?

Aman99

Reading Entity
Oct 10, 2014
Wow indeed. Opens up a pretty large gun deal for a well known team. Wonder who will step in, Bob? MacDev (with the legion tie in already), maybe PE?
could be luxe with their link to joy division assuming the Samuelsson brothers are staying with tontons for mills next season?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Ahh true true, I hadn't thought of the smart parts history until I went to grab dinner. Somewhere, I thought I heard a tale that there was going to be a DLX team in Europe, taking over for the Art Chaos gap.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Not totally unexpected news, given that the levels of Dye sponsorship have been reducing for the past couple of seasons, it started to go a little sour when Tonton quit the PSP and there were rumours of a split before the beginning of this past season. Some have even said that with the orange UL kit they looked like a prison chain gang and must be on punishment from Dye ;) (although they used to favour yellow kit, so it may have been more by choice). Vision moved from Dye to DLX & G.I. and Tonton do have a history with Smart Parts.

@Spikerz Unlikely that they would sign with Bob Long as Bob has gone on record in the past that he is not willing to pay the sponsorship/licence fee that the MS require from manufacturers for their markers to be used in the locked divisions. The team is still owned by Laurent, as are Adrenaline Games/Sup'Airball etc.