The Home Of European Paintball

top 5

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
well I disagree with Pete on this.

Lets say I have Pete's list of the most important things to practice, you formulate a program to work on this at the weekend. You turn up, no-one else is there. You're just standing there with your clipboard looking all bemused........you go home.

My point is, that even if they had in fact been called, and were there, if you can't communicate, how are you going to be able to tell them what to practice? I suppose you could just show them the list, but that in itself is a form of communication, as is body language - so pointing and so on would also be out.

No, communication is definitely the top thing in my book.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Missy Q
well I disagree with Pete on this.

Lets say I have Pete's list of the most important things to practice, you formulate a program to work on this at the weekend. You turn up, no-one else is there. You're just standing there with your clipboard looking all bemused........you go home.

My point is, that even if they had in fact been called, and were there, if you can't communicate, how are you going to be able to tell them what to practice? I suppose you could just show them the list, but that in itself is a form of communication, as is body language - so pointing and so on would also be out.

No, communication is definitely the top thing in my book.

Missy, put that crack pipe down and start communicating to people the remainder of the dates for the series .... otherwise nobody will be there :)

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by pestilence
An intresting question that comes from ths, is at what point do you 'become' a good player.

I dont when you know that you've become a good player but i do know when you're playing against a good player, as told to me by Robbo many years ago

You know what the good player is gonna do.
You know when they're gonna do it.
But you cannot do a damn thing about it.

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by Robbo
Andy, you have an awful lot to learn if you believe you cannot train the skill of staying alive.
The achievement of technical excellence optimises your chances of staying alive and thus increases your ability to eliminate your oposition.

When i joined NWC this was drilled into me by Robbo time after time.
I you dont get shot out you dont lose,simple as that.
If you improve your suvival technique,the other player has to think and that takes time. The more time they waste thinking about how to shoot you out,the more desperate they get.That desperation leads to them taking more chances.