Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tournaments

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There are a few tournaments around the uk, my experience is supporting and photographing a team this year at the cpps

If a team is established and has the skills then there are appropriate leagues/divisions but there is also a starter level such as the breakout division at cpps
There are various dates in a tournaments calendar, but you can turn up to any date and just play through the day.

Play a set number of games through the day, eg the cpps breakout teams all play each other for a game, scoring along the way - wins count, but the ratio of opposition eliminated against your own eliminations is used to balance out any draws.

Snipey

Jun 23, 2011
Sidcup, Kent
www.samuraipaintball.com
Hi there,

Great to hear you are looking to get a team into the world of tournament paintballing.
Basically, you will find there are several leagues based around the UK but as of this past year, a number of them came together to form an official league which is connected with the European Paintball Federation (EPBF).

As suggested above, the league is managed by the CPPS league that takes place just outside of Birmingham. This is the central framework of the leagues but has three indepedent leagues spawning off from it. They are the SPL (Scottish Paintball League), NPL (Northern Paintball League) and again SPL (Southern Paintball League).

Each of the four leagues usually run two formats of tournaments:-

Breakout / 5 Man Division - Set up to introduce teams to the ways of tournament paintball. You play against a similar calibre of opposing teams and each tournament date will play up to about ten games in total. Each game consists of one round against an opposing team with the aim to either eliminate the enemy team and/or get to the opposing teams gate before the timer runs out. This gets teams into the right frame of mind about tournament games before they are confident enough to move up. While it states 5 man, you can have several players set up for the tournament with players taking turns each game to participate.

Race to 2 Division - This is similar to the 5 man division except each game you play up to three rounds back to back with two minute gaps to get off the field, cleaned up, podded up and back on the field. A much more intense pace of gaming and for those who are ready to try pushing up the league tables to the Elite groups.

There are further formats including Race to 4 (best of five rounds) but these are played at a higher level.
My suggestion to you would be to register your interest in a Breakout/5 Man division. Being in Norfolk, unfortunately, you have a trek regardless of which one you join but your closest one is held at Bricketwood and is the Southern Paintball League. I run a squad myself through London Samurai in the SPL and it's a great venue for aspiring new teams. It's about two hours away from yourselves but certainly worth a try if you are interested.

The Turbot

Nov 28, 2012
Where abouts in Norfolk are you? I live just outside Norfolk and one of our players lives in Kings Lynn, Northwold hold a good walk-on on the first Sunday of the month for their sup air and is a good way to meet other tournament players as a few go who play CPPS and SPL.