Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tourney advice

Aug 5, 2014
Oldbury, West Midlands
Hi all i am looking at getting into tourney paintball and was wondering if the set up i own is good enough??

i am running a proto rail maxxed with halo 2 hopper & a steely (technically not steel i know lol)

just wondered if this is enough and if i should upgrade and if so what i should look to upgrade first.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
For my 2P's worth (and for the record I own a Proto Rail 2011, plus several other markers), the marker is not as important at the skill set of the chap / chapess standing behind it. The majority of modern markers all chuck paint in a similar fashion. What YOU do with it and how YOU move about the field is more important. The guy who sees two players both looking the other direction and bunkers both on the blindside only needs a few shots to make that happen and almost any WORKING marker will make this happen.

So my personal recommendation and I'm sure others will have a say about how influential a £1000 marker is over at £150 one, is to save your money, spend it on paint and practice, practice, practice. A rail can (in ramp mode) chuck it like the best - I know this for a fact.

Once your skill set is pushing the Rails capability, you'll hopefully be in a team where sponsorship deals, new markers and other fun stuff all comes along.

So, don't worry about upgrades - just yet, worry about your skills and having fun playing the game.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
You still haven`t posted where your at Mate,
How can anybody help you ?? We are trying !!