Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tourney set up advice needed

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
Hi all, I've played a few woodlands but want to start tourneys. Im looking at a maximum of £500 for both maker and hopper. If I can get a decent setup for less even better :) anyone got any advice?

Alansonit

Apr 12, 2015
Hi all, I've played a few woodlands but want to start tourneys. Im looking at a maximum of £500 for both maker and hopper. If I can get a decent setup for less even better :) anyone got any advice?
Hi Sinful, I'm in a similar spot..

I've seen Rotors go for about £80-100 and Spires for £100 - £120 which will leave you with £420 MAX for a marker. I've seen a DM13 going for £275 which is the cheapest/latest one I have seen - it was a great deal and wish I had gone for it. I have seen a bunch of EGO05s - EGO11s going for £200 - £500.

Currently I'm tempted to wait for a cheap LV1 and get a Spire..

Have you got a bottle etc?

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
The gear I have so far are e-vent goggles, hood, gloves and a 1.1l fibre wrap bottle but needs retesting :)

Alansonit

Apr 12, 2015
The gear I have so far are e-vent goggles, hood, gloves and a 1.1l fibre wrap bottle but needs retesting :)
The bottle is a key bit. Only word of advice (I'm sure others can comment) but when I sent my first bottle off for testing I sent it just as 1st class. Turns out Royal Fail threw it over a fence because they couldn't get a response. It destroyed the reg so I had to pay for that too but the testers were kind enough to fit it for free but it was an additional £50...hindsight suggests that £10 max for recorded delivery is worth it!

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for the advice :) just don't fancy buying a new fibre wrap bottle, they seem expensive these days haha

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
Do you plan on new or second hand ? You'll find lots of very good markers for a fraction of the cost here in the for sale section

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
I will do as soon as I'm allowed to since the forum changed the posting rules, I bought a few things on here years ago and haven't been active since. Are rotors still the king of hoppers btw?