Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tourney set up advice needed

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Living in Plymouth I'm lucky that I can take it to be tested as there is a test centre in the city.

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
What goggles do people recommend? I have some old E-Vents but I'd like to upgrade soon at some point, I personally find them uncomfortable and hard to breath in them.

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
Grills, vio, i4 or proflex. Try those and buy the one which fits best.
Thanks for the info, unfortunately the nearest shop seems to be an hour away. I'll ask if anybody is nice enough to let me test the fit on theirs on a training session on Sunday :) Also are bounce vests / pads ect all equal in protection?

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Most people will be willing to let you do that I'm sure. Pads wise I don't have much advice. Don't wear bounce vests. I have been wearing the same planet eclipse arm pads for the last 5-6 years and use nike baseball sliders with built in knee pads instead of paintball specific ones.

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
Most people will be willing to let you do that I'm sure. Pads wise I don't have much advice. Don't wear bounce vests. I have been wearing the same planet eclipse arm pads for the last 5-6 years and use nike baseball sliders with built in knee pads instead of paintball specific ones.
Thanks :) btw are cleats / studded boots worth investing in for tourneys?

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
Worth investing in?... Dependant on the venue, use a type of footwear designed to be used on the surface you are playing on. Grass = Studded boot... Astro = Trainers/Cleats

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
Worth investing in?... Dependant on the venue, use a type of footwear designed to be used on the surface you are playing on. Grass = Studded boot... Astro = Trainers/Cleats
I use the term investing in as all my money will be probably spent on a geo 2.1, rotor 3rd gen and a 1.1 fibre wrap bottle on Sunday haha